2nd Trimester

Let's Talk Boobs

Hello all,
I'm at 17 weeks in my second pregnancy and im already lactating and my breasts have gone up 2 cup sizes, already. I don't have a lot of money to buy a ton of bras and am having a hard time finding an affordable maternity bra. So, a few questions:
Does anyone know of a place that sells affordable bras?
Any tips for dealing with the "growing pains" and stretchmarks?
Also I'm not lactating a lot so im reluctant to buy breast pads, so does anyone know of an alternative?

Thanks!

Re: Let's Talk Boobs

• Some people say to cut a panty liner in half for breast pads. Bras I'm no help with, sorry:) 
  • do you have a Marshalls or a Ross near you? they have bra's for pretty cheap.
  • Loading the player...
  • I do have a Marshalls but i went there last week and they no longer have a maternity dept. In store. :
    Same as JCPenny said to me.
  • Well I bought some maternity bra's at Target and what a waste. They do not provide enough support. I am going to get some sport bra's this weekend instead.

• Just buy a regular bra. You don't need a 'maternity' bra. Not sure why everyone gets hung up on this.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a regular bra at Target and went up 2 sizes.  it's full coverage which I normally don't go for but it's super comfortable. (I tried on every brand they had until I found the one I liked)  I'm normally an A and bought a C so I could grow
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJilllyBean:
    Just buy a regular bra. You don't need a 'maternity' bra. Not sure why everyone gets hung up on this.
    </BLOCK
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJilllyBean:
    Just buy a regular bra. You don't need a 'maternity' bra. Not sure why everyone gets hung up on this.
    </BLOCKQUOTE

• As some of the PP said, I just went out to TJ Maxx and bought some affordable bras a few sizes up.  No need to spend a ton of money on something you aren't going to use long term.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• check resale stores like goodwill , if your leaking cut a panty liner in half and use it or you could buy a box of dispoable breast pads
  • I would purchase lilypadz, they are silicone breast pads and they block leakage and you can reuse them until they no longer stick. Very good option and I think I used mine last time for almost a year. Saves money and is enviromentally friendly.
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • As far as bras go, I found Motherhood Maternity to be pretty affordable. Their bras are usually buy 3 get 1 free and around $25 to $30 a peice. I spent way more than that for one bra when I was not pregnant!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Wow you ladies are awesome! Thank you so much for the great advise! I was wondering this myself. I am only 14 weeks and my boobs are already getting much bigger. At least one cup size up and I have to get new bras! I heard sports bras are wonderful. The p
  • This exactly. I've never worn a maternity bra. I really love Ross, Marshalls and Target for bras. And I also second PPs on cutting a panty liner in half. Cheap and less bulky if you aren't leaking enough for breast pads.

ETA: oops, meant to q
  • imageHaruHaruko:
    I don't have a lot of money to buy a ton of bras and am having a hard time finding an affordable maternity bra. So
  • Anyone has any good suggestions for where to find larger sizes? I was 40DD before I got pregnant and I've already gone up a full cup size! So finding comfortable, supportive bras has become rather difficult.
  • Buy sports bras! Not worth the time searching for that size. I'm 11 weeks started out 36 DD already up about a cup and a half. Sports bras help the tenderness a lot for me. Large chest: large bounce! Not very nice!! :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"