September 2012 Moms

Would you adopt?

I have always been interested in adopting. DH and I didn't discuss it before ttc, but we have been taking about it lately as a future possibility. We didn't have any trouble conceiving, its just something we feel might be for us. Its odd, though, because I feel weird considering this given that we didn't have trouble getting pg.

would you/have you ever considered adopting?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Would you adopt?

• hmp1hmp1 member

I had a LEEP in November and at my pre-op my doctor went over the possibility for a hysterectomy. Scary thought since we do want another child. DH told me the night before that he would love to adopt a little girl from China, something I have mentione

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Not strange at all. In fact, I think it's awesome! My DH and I didn't have trouble TTC, but we talk about it. My best friend and her husband also had no trouble but adopted 3 kids!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I would, DH is not so sure. So at this point it is not right for our family. I think if we get to the point where we are unable to have a second after MANY years DH might come around. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes! DH and I discuss this all the time. We would like to adopt a child either from the US foster care system or internationally. I would actually like to adopt a toddler or kid, rather than a baby, because I know older kids don't have much of chance at g

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH would have actually preferred to adopt over having our own biological child, so I do believe that adoption will be in our future. I spent about a month volunteering at an orphanage in Peru and we would have brought a little girl home with us had it

• We've always talked about adopting and would love to look more into it one day. DH visited an orphanage in Romania when he was in high school and it broke his heart. We've talked about international vs domestic adoption but we haven't come to any conclusi

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We adopted first because it has always been a dream of mine, and I was afraid if we didn't go that route, we never would. I went on to have two more biological children, and we had no fertility issues. It has been awesome and we really hope to adopt again
  • Absolutely! I feel like I want one more biological child, and then I want to adopt at least one. With so many children in the world who need homes, and having the resources to provide a loving home, it just feels like the right thing to do.

P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are planning to put fostering or adoption on the table for discussion several years down the road.

Biological children are not an option anymore,and we both would love to.foster/adopt through our state.
  • For years I've thought a lot about foster adoption. DH wasn't on board when we started dating but after E was born he is all for it if we can't have another bio child. We're old so if it's not in the cards for us to get pregnant again it will be a serious
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I would adopt in a heartbeat, but my husband is not so sure.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I would love to after I have my biological children. I'd love to possibly foster a little bit older child and hopefully that would lead to adoption. It is scary though. I can't imagine getting attached and not being able to keep the child. It's something

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• I would adopt but only if the child is a baby. Older children tend to have experienced too much trauma in their lives that is sometimes irreparable. I have a coworker who adopted a son when he was five. He's been in and out of jail his whole life. She's e
  • I would DH not so much. We have discussed adopting my cousin at one point bc her mom had some issues. He had a hard time even thinking about it. She is 8. H said he would prefer to have his own children. I told him she would be ours feom then on out. He s

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I have two cousins adopted from China, and en I was younger I always imagined I might adopt.

However, I've never felt a biological baby urge like I do now, even with the twins only 6 months old! Of course in my head I know I don't want anoth
  • Theoretically, yes. Practically, we couldn't afford the process at this point.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It has always been on the table for us. Russ would be happy to adopt next. I would like to have one more. I am only open to a closed adoption of a child over four, as a result of what I've seen and know. 
    Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• imageerikaluna01:
    I would adopt but only if the child is a baby. Older children tend to have experienced too much trauma in their l
    DS born 5/25/09 BFP #2 10/25/11, m/c 11/5/11 BFP #3 1/20/11 EDD 10/1/11 BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would love to adopt. DH isn't sure.

We have always thought of having two kids, but neither of us wants another pregnancy, labor, delivery, newborn experience. I'd love to adopt a toddler or preschooler some day.

I also think ab

• I've always wanted to adopt in addition to/instead of having biological kids.  Obviously we're in the "in addition to" boat now--having biological kids was important to DH and since we had no issues conceiving, that's the way we went for kid #1. &nbs
  • If we wanted more children, I'd be open to adopting. I always kind of viewed it as something I'd do if I couldn't get pregnant on my own though.

• imagehmp&mrj:

My company offers an $8k adoption assistance benefit too.

That is amazin
    Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We would adopt in a heart beat.  I've always felt that adoption is a very loving thing to do and there are SO many children out there who want nothing more than to be loved.  When DH and I were first married we decided that it didn't matter to u
  • I really really want to.  I've wanted to for a long time.  Unfortunately, DH thinks we're done having children.  We talked a long time about whether our second child would be biological or adopted and we went with biological. 

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• imageerikaluna01:
    I would adopt but only if the child is a baby. Older children tend to have experienced too much trauma in their l
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"