March 2013 Moms

Giving up BF Please don't kill me

Lately I've been considering giving up BF. But I feel extra guilty about feeling this way because I really haven't had any trouble breastfeeding, and I know there are so many Mommies out there who struggle with it and wish they could.

LO will be 6 weeks old, I've been EBF with DH giving one formula bottle a night. Haven't been able to pump enough for bottles. Lately though I feel like I can't keep up with her. It's just really wearing me down and not sure mentally and physically if I can handle much more. I've been trying to stick with it because everyone says it will get easier. I told myself my goal would be 4 to 6 months but that seems so long from now.

I want to do what's best for her but I want to be the best most happy and healthy mommy for her too. Feeling totally conflicted. Advice, experience?

Re: Giving up BF Please don't kill me

• A happy mama is the most important, so if you decide to give it up, it's okay!

BUT I will say that your LO is only 6 weeks old and probably going through the 6 week growth spurt. I'm thinking it's *possible* you can't keep up with her because you

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• It's so unfortunate all the pressure put on us to BF. a happy mommy is what a baby needs the most. Do what you feel is right and don't let anyone make you feel guilty. I am a teacher and when my students come into my classroom, I can't tell any difference
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageleahstarrh:
    Lately I've been considering giving up BF. But I feel extra guilty about feeling this way because I really haven't had
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ITA with PP's- do what's best for you and your family.  BF'ing isn't for everyone and you made it 6 weeks which is wonderful! 

Personally, I find BF'ing easier than formula but not everyone feels that way.  And if you asked me yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedawnj08:
    It's so unfortunate all the pressure put on us to BF. a happy mommy is what a baby needs the most. Do what you feel i
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • I'm feeling the same way... Breastfeeding has been a breeze for us which I know is quite the opposite of many women but I feel so tied down. Sure it's easier to quickly feed in the middle of the night but all day long it's so hard. I'd really love to EP b
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My lo wasn't getting enough through BFing.  She would fall asleep or nurse for a good 40 mins and still be starving.  At night she was up every hour.  My left breast doesn't produce enough at least I don't think it does.  I produce

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Do what you need to do!! I don't like breast feeding and pumping... I do it because its best for baby and I selfishly do it knowing when i'm with others.... They are going to NEED to give him back to me at some point.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• I just had to give up BF myself, I felt the same although I had some health issues that were making BF extra difficult because my supply was next to nothing but otherwise it was going well on LO's side of things! I then realized if I was exhausted and str
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks guys! Your making me feel better aboutaking this decision. Trying to take my time deciding and do what's right for us both, but just hearing it's okay if I choose not to anymore makese feel better!
  • I was just recently in the same position. My son is 5 weeks old and we currently breast feed. Breast feeding has been no easy task for us either. I had flat nipples which made latching hard right off the bat. The first night home my son absolutely refused
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"