March 2013 Moms

Trying not to be resentful

LO is two weeks old today I feel like I'm barely holding it all together. DH was able to work from home for the first week, which helped out a little, but this week he's back at work and LO has started being relentlessly fussy. He won't nap, he barely sleeps, nothing sooths him. At this point I cry when he cries cause I have no idea what to do and DH is at work so I don't even get any relief because then at night I let DH sleep since he has to work all day. I know we're both doing the best we can as first timers but I feel like it's all falling on me.

Re: Trying not to be resentful

• My 1st was a very high needs baby. I cried everyday. He never slept, screamed constantly. DH couldn't soothe him at all, even when he tried I ended up taking him back because I couldn't take the screaming. When he would finally fall asleep at night, I

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ask him for help. While its nice for you to let him sleep at night because he works in the morning....you're working all day too ya know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageemriley84:

My 1st was a very high needs baby. I cried everyday. He never slept, screamed constantly. DH couldn't soothe him at

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemarkhamgurl:
    imageemriley84:</s
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I'm sorry your going through that : I don't even know what I would do...my LO is a crappy napper but not fussy. I only get frustrated when I KNOW she needs to take a nap but something like the hiccups or a blowout wakes her up...then by the time I've clea
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • imageJordynLeighx3:
    Ask him for help. While its nice for you to let him sleep at night because he works in the morning....you're wo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mmm79Mmm79 member

Try to talk to your DH about how you're feeling.  I had a very similar arrangement, at home by myself then letting DH sleep through the night because he was working (and I'm BF'ing), and I ended up getting exhausted and resentful...which led to a

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• I feel for you. My little guy gets pretty fussy a lot of the time too. It took me a while to figure out what things would calm him down (90% of the time) and now I feel like I spend all day doing those things to keep him calm. Exhausting. I am also gettin
  • I can relate as well.  I had DS #2 on a Saturday and returned to work the following Wed (no maternity leave at my job) and DH stayed home with baby.  My mom lives less than 2 miles away and takes babies during week while I work.  DH just re
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • DD is going through her 2 week growth spurt I think because all day yesterday through last night and this morning she just wanted to eat or be held while she slept.  DH went back to work on Monday and I slept on the couch last night to let him get

• imageemriley84:
    My 1st was a very high needs baby. I cried everyday. He never slept, screamed constantly. DH couldn't soothe him at all,
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I felt this exact same way until about a week ago when someone told me "You know, I have to remind my DH that he is not babysitting...he's parenting." After I heard that I asked him to do one night feeding (I was doing them ALL-we are FF BTW). I've felt a
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • I could have written this exact post!!  My LO is almost 3 weeks and I am going through the same things!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I totally can relate.  I felt like a crazy person the first two weeks.  I was crying every other minute and freaking out hourly about how I felt trapped and miserable.  It took a few freak outs at my husband for him to realize how d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"