Breastfeeding

Weight loss while BF

I wanted to get a poll of who has lost weight while BF or when you weaned (assuming you have multiple LO). I have been BF for 6 weeks and am starting to think I am one of those that will not lose until I wean. I have heard "the lbs just melt off," but I am not seeing it. Its not a big deal, but want to know that it will eventually come off as I am eating good food and working out.

Re: Weight loss while BF

• I'm still 15ish lbs away from pp weight.  When I tried to cut calories when LO was about 4 months old my supply took a huge hit.  I can do moderate exercise (walking and light weights) without it affecting my supply but anything more than&nbs

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS is 5 months old today. I did lose all of my pregnancy weight by 6 weeks, but nothing since. I was overweight pre-pregnancy.

Because we had issues with me not eating enough calories when DS was first born, I won't risk cutting my calories to

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still 20lbs to go and it's not melting off for me.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I lost it all, and then some. I have to eat constantly to keep up the calories I need to make milk. Too much activity or not enough caloric intake = supply fail.
    "I will love the light because it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness, for it shows me the stars." (Og Mandino) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mb314mb314 member
    I was not one of the lucky ones who lost weight with breastfeeding.  I gained 40 ish lbs, and lost 20 right away, which was probably just the blood and other fluids, plus the baby/placenta.  I joined Weight Watchers at about 8 weeks pp, which ha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• gidgegidge member

I'm still hanging on to about 15 lbs.  At the beginning if I lost weight my supply would drop and I already have low supply - so then I was eating more and actually gained.  I can't exercise a lot without problems either :

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Are you losing any weight at all though?  even a little?  I think 6 weeks is a bit too early to see any drastic changes.  With DS I didn't stress at all - I ate a lot to keep my supply up - & I really started to see the lbs come off aft
  • I lost some weight in the first few weeks, then plateaued. Then at 3 months, I lost some more weight, then plateaued. Then at 6 months, I suddenly started losing weight again, and all the pregnancy weight was gone. At 11 months, I'm still at my pre-pregna
  • I was back to pre-pg weight at 3 months pp (122lb, 5'2").  However, haven't been able to lose any since then (i'm nos 5 months pp).  I want to lose 5 more lbs as they were gained when I was on fertility drugs.  I'm eating a lot less than th
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • imagejennyelf:
    I lost some weight in the first few weeks, then plateaued. Then at 3 months, I lost some more weight, then plateaued

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I just weighed myself the other day. Baby girl is 4 months and 3 days and I'm now 15 lbs under my prepregnancy weight. I don't know why. Probably lack of sleep and food but my supply doesn't seem to be affected that I can tell. I was 145 5'5 when I got pr
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • I gained 22 lbs during pregnancy and was back and my pre-preg weight at PP day 14.

I did not lose any weight between 6 weeks and 3 months.  I just ate what I felt like I needed.  At 3 months I wanted to start working on my pre-pr

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• I only gained 20lbs while pregnant, so I think that helped some, because there was less to come off.  I don't know that I would have had the same situation if I personally had gained more weight.

At 1 week after giving birth, I was down 19lb

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I gained 35 pounds while pregnant.  I lost all of it within 3-4 weeks.  I've been hovering about 5-10 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight for a long time.  I could stand to loose about 25-30 more pounds but I'm not that worried until LO is
    5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gained 55 pounds with twins, and lost pretty much all of it by 3.5 months pp, although I was shocked to hear that some my body felt nothing like it did..I haven't weighed myself since then but I think I may have put some weight back on. I haven't bad t
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"