April 2013 Moms

GTKY- How'd you meet your SO??

I can't remember if we already did this one or not, (I think we may have, so I am sorry to duplicate) Oh well, some new people seem to have joined and I'm interested to hear....

How did you all meet your SO/DH??

20121128_085400(1) - Copy pic2 pic3 Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image

Re: GTKY- How'd you meet your SO??

• My best friend was a consistent online dater and se met my husband soon after he moved to Reno from California. She knew he wasn't for her but suggested to me to chat with him, I was so against the idea, out of my comfort zone. Glad I took the chance, s
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was renting a room from an older couple who worked with my DH. He sold them firewood and ran into me just as I was leaving to hang with friends. He got my number from the couple and we got married less than a year later.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband and I were both hanging out at the same apartment pool. I lived there and his BFF lived there. He swam up and offered me a beer and the rest is history!
    BabyName Ticker
  • In grade 12, a friend of mine started dating a boy at another high school.  I asked her if her new bf knew anyone at his school who would want to be my date for our graduation dance.  She said there was one guy who was really nice, but had

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Mine is a little embarrassing but, we actually met on Myspace.  We grew up in the same city, went to rival high schools, went to college together and even graduated on the same day (me with my bachelor's and him with his master's) and we never met.&n
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I are both gamers... we "met" playing Diablo II and were online friends for nearly 5 years. Then one day, he suggested that maybe we should actually meet each other in real life, since he lived only an hour away. The rest is history, and we've been
  • I was Jello Shooter Girl for my BFF's stag and doe (buck&doe jack&jill whatever you might call it),. DH came as a friend of BFF's younger brother. At one point in the night BFF's brother said to DH "Hey, go make out with Trish she seems to be havi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebdcram:
    We both worked at Walt Disney World at the same store and then we transferred to act in the same show. He "trained" me
  • I met SO when I was in college. It's not the most romantic story but here goes...

He was friends with a lot of people that I ended up hanging out with at school.  Since he is older than I am (by 7 years- yes explain that one to yo

20121128_085400(1) - Copy pic2 pic3 Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image
  • imageTrish&Pete07:
    He spent 3 days calling as many people as he could think of to find my number
    </BLOCK
  • DH and I met online through Match.  We went to rival colleges in the same town but never knew each other.  I had never done the online thing before this and was very nervous.  I made him talk to me on the phone for close to 2 months before
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • We were in the same class at vet school. A class of 76 and there were 7 guys! I actually went out with his roommate first, but we didn't really click, so I ended up with dh. (My roommate at the time actually ended up marrying dh's then roommate.)  <i
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Several of my friends worked at the local movie theater that opened our senior year of high school. By the time college rolled around, it was the cool place to go and it worked out great since I could go with them for free. I went to the movies at leas

• I moved to a different dorm my second semester of college and DH ended up being a friend of my new roommate's future husband. We hit it off almost immediately but it took him a few months to get up the courage to ask me out. Anyway, he eventually did and
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We met at our neighborhood bar and discovered we lived right down the street from each other.

• DH and I met online 8 years ago [Indifferent. He didn't have a profile on the site, but started emailing me, which I then deleted. We ended up talking on MSN messenger and he aske
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• We met on MySpace. We're pretty classy :]
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• We were friends in college.  We didn't start dating until 6 years later.
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We met swing dancing. One of DH best friends dragged him to a group lesson that I was helping out with. It was several sessions in and he was lost so we spent some time apart going over everything. I gave him my number and he called and asked me out. We h
  • DH and I were best friends in high school, but we didn't start dating until we both moved back home after college. People often assumed we hooked up in high school, but we never did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • ROFL Probably no one will know what I'm talking about when I say that we met on myspace.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH and I are both infomercial success stories for a very well established fitness company. I called him out of the blue one day when I found out I was going to be on T.V to see how he prepared for his shoot. Well, 20mins about nutrition we ended up being
  • My husband and I met through a friend that he went to school with that I later met. His friend and him attend high school together and in the afternoon his friend would attend college classes. This is where I met our mutual friend. He asked me i
  • I don't actually remember the first time we met, I was 14 and he was 15. I do remember knowing him, but thinking he was a nerd. Fast forward 7 years to when we "re-met" and I immediately developed a huge crush on him, as karma would have it I never e
  • DH and I met at a birthday party in college.  It was for his roommate, who was dating someone I knew.  I wasn't even properly invited to the party.  I more or less tagged along with another attendee.  I had a book with me that happens
  • Senior year in college my roommate had a crush on his roommate. He and his roommate came up to our apartment and he saw a picture of me and wanted to meet me. We started dating shortly after that and got engaged 7 months after we started dating. We will b
  • World of Warcraft.

It should, very seriously, advertise its matchmaking abilities.

(Long story)

I watched South Park's WoW episode (my favorite by far) and wanted to try it out so I received it for my birthday from my parents. Played

• We met on the online dating site OkCupid.  He had posted a picture of his feet (hanging out of a helicopter during a military exercise) and I had gone to his profile thinking he was ugly (he wasn't).  We quickly discovered that we both had a

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I interviewed him for a community board position. I was the chairman of the board! I was also dating someone else. We appointed him, a few months later I broke up with the guy I was seeing and burst in to tears at a meeting. DH said he had already decided
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • DH and I met on a tattoo website (like MySpace but a little before mainstream social networking took hold), I saw a picture of him holding a toddler and messaged him to say his daughter was cute. He informed me she was the daughter of his twin, I was h

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I met my husband online years ago, and also played World of Warcraft together. We've been together for 7 years, and married for almost 5.  

imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • A mutual friend invited me over to see his new house and meet his roommate. He had been telling me for months this guy was perfect for me but I didn't believe it.

When I met DH he was a complete . He was super moody and didn't want to talk b
  • We met 8 years ago when we were juniors in highschool, I worked at a grocery store with his best friend.  We dated for awhile, went to prom together and then decided at the moment it was best to just be friends.  He became my best friend and we
  • We were neighbors in college (fraternity/sorority--sounds super cliche) and got paired up for homecoming events.  A friend and I were in charge of teaching a dance for one of the events and there was a group of boys that weren't quite "catching on",

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We met through eHarmony. A close friend of mine met her now husband that way so I decided to give it a shot. I had just moved to a new state because of a job and didn't really know anyone. I wasn't really looking to date just yet, but there was a free wee

• imageckhelsea:
    World of Warcraft.It should, very seriously, advertise its matchmaking abilities.Long storyI watched South Park's WoW epi
    DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well, we met technically in the 5th grade, when we were in the same class. We knew each other a tiny bit and I guess you could say we knew more "Of" each other as we grew up in the same middle school and high school. By high school, we were good enough

• We grew up in the same town but went to different high schools. We were both involved in our theater depts and actually were in the same show for a week before MH had to drop out.

We didn't meet though until I was a Sophomore in college and

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• We met in high school. Freshman year, the seating chart in English class got rearranged, and I was sitting right in front of this kid I didn't know yet. We bonded by looking up dirty words in our French and Spanish dictionaries. I remember we would sta

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"