Babies: 0 - 3 Months

New job opportunity, but LO is only 5 weeks

I have received a job opportunity, but our LO is only 5 weeks old tomorrow.

At my current job I have paid maternity/vacation that will last until LO is 6 months old. This opportunity means more money, better benefits, and a pension... it also means starting work in 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave her and find childcare, but this new job would put our family in a better financial position. My husband doesn't want me to take the job as he feels LO is still too young and I can always find a better job when she's older. I'm torn as I see both sides. Any advice?

Re: New job opportunity, but LO is only 5 weeks

• I don't have any advice sorry but I do have an interview tomorrow and my LO is 6 weeks old. I will be in your situation if they do offer me the position..
  • Although I'm a stay at home mom by choice, if I were you I'd take the job. This is why:

1) You still don't have to start for two week so she'd be 7 weeks at that point. Many moms go back to work at 6-7weeks anyway. You could always see if y

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally wouldnt. They are only this little once. There is always more time to work
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You will have to weight all the positives/negatives and decide what is best for you and your family. I jokingly tell my friends that I need to go back to work because I have college to pay for, but its true. :) I am all about paying off all debt, fully fu
  • Tough call! Can you see if they could maybe let you start in 3 weeks to buy a little more time? For me, I think a 15% pay raise or more would be reason enough for me to switch. And lots of babies start daycare at six weeks, I wouldn't let the age deter yo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would push for a later start date with the new company. I was recruited by my current employer when at a competitor while I was dealing with a family situation. I pushed for a start date 8 weeks out and they had no issue. It doesn't hurt to ask during y
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"