Babies: 0 - 3 Months

One day a week nanny?

I am a stay at home mom (something I never thought I'd be!) and I love spending my day with my sweet baby boy. However, by the end of the week I feel a bit overwhelmed because outside of raising my child, hardly anything is getting accomplished. I don't want to put anything before him, especially things as trivial as laundry and groceries. That being said, would it be weird to higher a nanny for one day a week for like eight hours? Does something like this even exist??? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One day a week nanny?

• I don't think it would be weird at all, but part time care can be hard to find- I imagine a nanny would be even harder to find.  What about a center or in-home sitter where you drop the baby off?  Would you ever feel comfortable with something l
  • Where I am from it is rather common to have a nanny for 1-2 days a week (for a variety of reasons).  I myself was a nanny for various families part-time while I was in university(College for you Americans) and again later while I was a substi

• Loading the player...
  • Not weird at all, a lot of people do this.  I don't think it would be hard to find if you were flexible about the day.  You might find a nanny who works 4 days a week for another family and is looking for more hours.  Or a college
  • Could you instead hirena housekeeper to lighten the load?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I send my older DS to daycare 1x/week evven though I stopped working at 30 weeks. I think it does us both good. He gets out and gets to interact with kids, I get some quiet time, before baby I ran errands, napped, caught up on housework, etc. I will proba
  • I don't think it is weird at all but I think it is jsut called a "baby sitter" not a nanny, when it is one day a week -- esp if you're going to be home for most of it.  You could try care.com.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think that those are technically called a "mother's helper." I would set up an hourly rate that you're comfortable paying (usually for a sitter, it's $8-10/hr) and set up an ad on care.com, or some other kind of website like that. You can look at who

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the feed back, this gave me a lot of ideas to look into! 
  • I will add that you shouldn't feel like you have to entertain him 24/7.  It is good and healthy for babies to have some time by themselves and not have to be constantly entertained.  I will read to my DD, play with her, etc....but I will also le

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• As other posters have said it's not weird at all.  I have a babysitter that I found at my gym to watch DD 2/3 days a week for 6-10 hours.  We set up the schedule a week ahead of time (unless I need her for something planned well in advance like
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • if you can do it, DO IT!  and use that time to not clean and do laundry, but to take time for yourself.  you'll feel rejuvenated enough to get the things done that need to be done. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"