May 2013 Moms

even though this is my second baby...

I feel like it's my first time doing this. I have never gone into labor on my own (my last dr. talked me into induction and it was awful!) I am trying for a VBAC as most of you know, so I have the same anticipation and what if that a FTM has. I "sort of" remember what a contraction felt like in the hospital but I was pressured to have an epidural before the dr. broke my water. I feel much more educated this time around and I'm so glad I have a supportive Midwife. The point of this post is to say, make sure you know your rights as a mother/patient. You don't have to get an epidural until you are ready if you even have one at all. Put your foot down and be tough, because I didn't last time and I still regret not being informed and educated. We are all getting so close and I'm so excited to see the rest of our babies!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: even though this is my second baby...

• Good luck!
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • I am right there with you. With my first I had an induction and had the epidural right away before they broke my water. I have no clue what it feels like to go into labor on my own. I am a nervous wreck. I am just waiting for it to happen, I am already 4

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have similar feelings, my water broke with DD and then had to be induced from lack of progress from there on, Ive talked to my mom about it and expressed worry that I don't know what it's going to be like this time if my water doesn't break and I start
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When I went back and re-read my post, it makes induction sound negative. If your cervix is favorable and you are dilated and effaced enough, I think an induction can be successful. I was only 1 cm, cervix was not soft and I wasn't effaced. My Dr. at the t

• imagecandlequeen:
    When I went back and re-read my post, it makes induction sound negative. If your cervix is favorable and you are
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have no clue. Unless you are adamant about it, they schedule your induction when you start going for your weekly appts. I was 39w4d when I went to the hospital. After 22 hours of labor I had a c/s.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"