Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Best baby carrier for home?

Mobile:
Best baby carrier for home?

LO is three weeks now and wants to be held and walking around most of the day when he is awake. I am home alone with him and don't have the strength to do this! We borrowed my SIL's Ergo but it doesn't seem conducive to using home alone; lots of buckles and hard to get him in and out by myself. I'm also a petite 5 foot 2. So, what baby carrier do you recommend for using around the house? I have to be able to use it on my own without getting LO too cranky when he gets in and out! TIA.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best baby carrier for home?

• I like the moby...lots of people find it difficult at first, but I watched the instructional videos on youtube, and I've never had a problem. I'm also 5'2".

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have the K'tan. It's like a Moby, but with less fabric and wrapping. I think it's very user friendly and good for newborns. From what I've heard, the Ergo's work better when they get bigger and have more head control.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • imagekleigh926:
    I have the K'tan. It's like a Moby, but with less fabric and wrapping. I think it's very user friendly and good for newb
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagekleigh926:
    I have the K'tan. It's like a Moby, but with less fabric and wrapping. I think it's very user friendly and good for
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• I have the Moby and love it but had I known about the K'tan I would have gotten that instead.  I might still get one :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the Moby! once you figure out how to tie it i watched a you tube video it's pretty easy to get baby in and out and very comfortable to wear. My lo falls asleep every time she's in it. :
  • imageMrsG071809:
    I love the Moby! once you figure out how to tie it i watched a you tube video it's pretty easy to get baby in and
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 4'11" and have the K'Tan for when she's smaller and the Ergo for when she's bigger. I had the Moby for DD#1, but hated it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Lovey Duds from Etsy. I am also 5'2 and hate our Ergo. Love the lovey duds. So easy and so secure!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the Ergo, the moby and I just bought a ring sling. The Ergo is good but more so for when you have help or they're older because for me it's not easy to get them in and out of alone. 

So then there's the moby which I also watched the v

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • I used a Sasha wrap

www.sashawrap.com

it's custom made and my lO loves it

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • K'tan all the way! 1. It is affordable. 2. Requires no wrapping. 3. Easy to figure out. If I could do it, anyone can. I am also 5'2". Don't dry the K'tan, I find I like mine better when it's nice and broken in. Very quick to get baby in and out, which is
  • The Ergo is great now at 3 months, but for the first 2 months at least I really loved the Moby. There is a slight learning curve to wrapping it but once you've got it down it's super easy.
  • Thanks everyone! K'tan came in the mail today. We'll see how he likes it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"