December 2013 Moms

First appointment?

Hi girls. I was wondering when you have your first OB appointment. I had a blood test done over the weekend and confirmed positive (yay!) yesterday. But they don't want me to come in for an appointment for a while. I'm scheduled to go in on May 6 to fill out pregnancy-related paperwork (no exam) and then May 14 for my first appointment with the doctor. I'll be about 10 weeks at that point.

I know it's not THAT long but it seems like a long time to wait, especially since I've had a prior loss.

When are you going/did you go?

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

Re: First appointment?

• I have my nurse visit for confirmation of pregnancy on Thursday.  My first appt with an OB will be April 30 (I will be 6 weeks along).  My practice tends to do first appt on the early side though (I think I was 6.5 weeks when I went in with my f
    -DS #1 due 7/1/11, born 7/7/11
    -m/c Feb 2013 at 4w6d
    -DS #2 due 12/24/13, born 12/11/13
  • My first appointment is May 8th.  I will be 8 weeks along.  I also feel like it is forever away.  With DS, I was seen at like 5 weeks and then had a dating ultrasound at 6.5 weeks and then was seen again at 10 weeks.  Same OB and this
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • May 14th, 9 weeks. They wanted me in at 8 weeks but we will be out of town on vaca the entire week 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey there... Congrats ladies! I'm 5 weeks today and my first OB appt is May 8th.
    "The Future Mrs. Travis Shuler on 9.10.11"
  • Sounds about normal. I did my blood work yesterday at 6w2d and the only reason I'm having an early ultrasound later this week is due to my bicornate uterus and they want to see where baby planted itself. Otherwise I wouldn't have a regular Ob apt until 10

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• I had urine and blood work done the day I got BFP and I go tomorrow for my first U/S. With my last pregnancy I had my first apt around 8 weeks and they did my first u/s that day. I switched doctors after I had my son. I hated waiting 45 minutes to see

imageimage

• I went in last week to confirm the pregnancy and betas. I have an appointment on 4/24 and 5/9. I have a previous miscarriage which accounts for the 6 week appointment next week. I don't see the OB until 8 weeks, before that I'm with the NP.
  • My first OB appointment to confirm my pregnancy isn't until May 1st. I was told they like to wait until you are at least 8 weeks along so they can do a vaginal ultrasound, if you are less than 8 weeks I guess they can't see much of anything on the ultraso
  • I get an U/S and OB appt on May 3rd at 6.5 wks.  It'll be my first time going in since I got a positive.

Seems silly that they're having you go in just to fill out paperwork on May 6th. Can't you do it when you go in on the 14th? 

• My first appointment was last week but that was just to fill out paperwork and discuss what my co pay will be. My next appointment is May 1st and I will be 9 weeks. They won't even do an ultrasound at that appointment so I have no idea when we will be abl
  • My first u/s is Thursday, but I've already had two appts for beta b/w.
  • imagelorlor681:

I get an U/S and OB appt on May 3rd at 6.5 wks.  It'll be my first time going in since I got a positive.

<p

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• imageCaitH22:
    if you are less than 8 weeks I guess they can't see much of anything on the ultrasound

That

• imagelisab613:
    imagelorlor681:</

• i had my first appointment last week with a nurse.  there my office does all the family medical history, bloodwork and urine sample.  they typically don't set you up with the doc until around week 10 or so, so my first appointment with her is ma
    no ticker for me, the bump signature setting gods hate me...

imageimageimage

"Why do people say 'Grow some balls?' Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" ~Betty White
  • I've already done the paperwork appointment, and had a phone appointment with a nurse, but my first OB appointment isn't until May 6 (which is 9 weeks for me). It seems like *so* long to wait!
  • My first visit I'll be 10w, I thought that was long too but apparently that's normal. Seems like forever!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'll be 6 weeks on Friday; I have my first dr appt April 24th so I'll be 6.5; I asked for an earlier appt b/c I had a miscarriage several months ago and the nurse agreed it'd be good to come in earlier... Wish me luck!
  • I read everywhere that it's 8-10 weeks but earlier for high risk pregnant women. My first appointment will be May 15 when I am 9 weeks.

<A title="Parenting Advice" href="https://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medi

image image image
  • I'm going in for my first one today, but pretty sure it'll just be paperwork then after that i'm not sure when i'll have an appointment with my ob.
  • My confirmation appointment was yesterday, and my first real OB appointment is June 3rd (12 weeks.) It feels a long way off and a little later than I would like, (as this is my first pregnancy,) but that is how the practice works. They also only have the
  • I went in at 4 weeks 1 day because I was having pretty bad cramps that kept me up all night the night before I got my positive HPT.  They wanted me to come in right away.  They did a vaginal ultrasound and could only see the lining of the uterus
    {Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"