January 2013 Moms

Diaper rashes

What do you all recommend for treatment? I've used triple paste and butt paste, it started to go away then today it's back. I've been changing diapers promptly and after baths letting her relax without a diaper for a little. One handed typing, please excuse. :)

Kendall, 1/1/13
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Diaper rashes

• We had the same problem and nothing helped. I knew it was the wipes, not the diapers, that were irritating DS, so we switched to cloth wipes. Diaper rash went away in no time! He literally had it since he was a week old too. We started with extra baby was
  • Our LO had a diaper rash 2 weeks after she was born. She was allergic to the wipes. To get rid of it, I took her to the sink and washed her with warm water, let her air dry, then applied lanolin cream on the rash and diaper rash cream on top. The lanolin
    BabyFruit Ticker TTC: 2011 BFP: February 10, 2012 Natural M/C: February 28, 2012 BFP: June 3, 2012 EDD: February 1, 2013 Pre-e diagnosis, est. delivery date Jan 11th
  • Loading the player...
  • Triple paste was a godsend for us...but I see its only working temporarily for you. Are you using disposable diapers or cloth? Could it be the type of diapers you're using that's irritating your LO's skin? I'd want to get to the bottom of why it keeps rec
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • To make homemade wipes, I just cut up receiving blankets and old tshirts. We had a ton! Saves money to not go out and buy them!
    BabyFruit Ticker TTC: 2011 BFP: February 10, 2012 Natural M/C: February 28, 2012 BFP: June 3, 2012 EDD: February 1, 2013 Pre-e diagnosis, est. delivery date Jan 11th
  • We have gas a serious case if diaper rash. I really like earth mama angle baby bottom balm. It's chemical free so is good for LO sensitive skin. We also got to the point where I am making my own wipes because all wipes seem to have alcohol in them whic
  • Ours was also a wipe issue. We rinse her wipes out with water (even the alcohol free, scent free, hypoallergenic kind), apply butt paste or Vaseline, and cornstarch. Haven't had a rash in...can't even remember. Good luck!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• This is her first rash and we've used the same wipes and diapers since the beginning. You all think that could be causing it still?

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLoriLue31:
    This is her first rash and we've used the same wipes and diapers since the beginning. You all think that could be
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We had to get a prescription for an antibacterial cream for on of our rashes. Keep an eye on it and if the bumps gets whiteheads call your Dr.
  • If you've ruled out the wipes, it sounds like you're doing everything else right.

Pinxav is the only thing I use.  Clears it up in no time.

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We've been going through the same thing lately. We've been using the same diapers and wipes from the beginning, so I doubt that's what's causing it. I've been trying to give LO more changings between feedings and really load up on the cream, and it's slow
  • My DS had horrible diaper rash for a while that I could not get to go away. I even took him to the dr's and they gave me a special cream for it and it still did not work. The thing that has worked best for us is triple paste, diaper free for 45 mins a

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have been using destin and it seems to get the job done. But it was suggested to us a soak in the tub and a little vaseline. I?ve also heard u

Married 1~6~2007
    Baby Girl born 1~27~13 after 4 1/2 years of infertility issues

BFP #2 12/28/14

BabyFetus Ticker

• Thanks everyone! I believe this may be thrush related. It was going away when I was treating her for thrush and now it's come back once we've stopped. Dr is prescribing me meds. I've also been rubbing coconut oil on her tush and that has seemed to help wo

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"