Breastfeeding
Options

How much to freeze

I started pumping once a day in addition to EBF. I go back to work in around 6 weeks and wanted to build up my freezer stash. How many ounces should I be freezing in each bag? I have no idea how much my son takes at each feeding.

Re: How much to freeze

• Options
    I would say 34 ounces. Does he eat every 3 hrs? The average intake is around 2530 ounces a day. So divide that by how many feedings he does to figure out around how much he may be eating in a session. Kellymom.com has some great articles on pumping. I fr
  • Options
    I froze 4 oz per bag, just to make it easier for my Mom and GMom when they were watching DD. I had a huge oversupply so I used TONS of bags. I probably could have frozen 8 oz to fil up the bag and save on bags. I've read to freeze in 2 oz increments, that
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a tendency to freeze in different increments.  Sometimes it's just 1oz and sometimes it's 4oz.  That way if LO wants more, I can heat up an ounce or two extra instead of warming up 4oz and then wasting the extra 2.  

I also

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemon.petit.chou:
    I started pumping once a day in addition to EBF. I go back to work in around 6 weeks and wanted to build up my
  • Options
    imagetheresat858:

I froze in 4 ounce bags and it has worked well. 

When LO took 3 ounce bottles, I'd defrost 2 bags and

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"