March 2013 Moms

Those who pushed for a long time

Was your doctor in with you the whole time you were pushing? I pushed for 2 hours and my doc was there the entire time. I'm just wondering if this is normal and if I switched OBs for the next kid if I'd likely get the same amount of attention.

Re: Those who pushed for a long time

• No. Usually they just come when it's time to catch. He was there the lady twenty min or so BC it was his lunch break
  • With my first I pushed for about an hour and a half and my OB was in there the majority of time. But it was 11 at night and there was nothing for her to do.

I don't think it's the norm, especially if your delivery falls during office hours.

• Loading the player...
  • I pushed for 5 hours. I got the on call OB not my own OB and she was in and out many times during the 5 hours. When I was crowning, there was an emergency call on the intercom, I remember her throwing her gloves and running out the door while the nurse wa
  • I pushed 2 hrs 11 min and she was there the whole time, but baby's heart rate was dropping with each contraction. Also she is a midwife, not sure if that makes a difference.
  • I only pushed for 45 minutes, but my doc was there the whole time.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• With DS, I pushed for 45 minutes and she was there the entire time.  With DD, I only pushed 3 times so clearly she was there the entire time, but I had to wait a long time before they'd let me push because the one doctor there was in with a
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I pushed for 1hr 45 min and the doc was there the last 20 or so.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    I pushed for 3 and a half hours and my OB stepped in a couple of times but not for long. I ended up with a csection so there was no catching to be done.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• I pushed for two hours and she was only there for the last half hour. With DS2 though I had a midwife. I only pushed for 30 min and she was there the whole time.
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • I pushed for 2 and a half hours and the OB was there at the beginning and the last half hour. Ended up having a C-section.
  • I pushed for 2 hours and mine was there for the last 20 minutes or so. This is what I expected though. She was actually in surgery for a portion of my pushing.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagewatermellens:
    I only pushed for 45 minutes, but my doc was there the whole time.

This exactly
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I only pushed for 30 minutes. Nurse asked me to do a practice push. And called my OB. I pushed a couple of times before she got there. They made me stop because I was about to push him out and they wanted me to wait on my OB. So I had to wait for about 5
    BabyFetus Ticker
        photo 187e7fd5-6db3-47f3-8720-d3540e6c1f35.jpg           photo 17a38d63-9573-4513-9cd7-1650c297a8ca.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary 
  • I pushed for two and a half hours, and my doctor, my resident and my medical student were all there... on their day off. My doc had to arrange childcare and my resident stayed AFTER his regular 24 hour shift! I am very lucky to have such a flexible med
    Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • The first time... I pushed for three hours before the doctor came in... He came in they used the vacuum and we were done. Second time around I started pushing... My water.broke and the doctor came in for all the pushing 45 min... Ended in a c section t

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• I pushed for four hours with my first and the doctor was there the whole time. I think she stepped out once or twice to check on her other patients but I guess there was nothing urgent because she came right back in.

image image
  • I only pushed for 25 minutes. The doctor came in the last 10 min to catch the baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I pushed for an hour and my OB and one of her partners were there for the entire time, and they were AMAZING.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I pushed 30 or 45 min and my ob was there the whole time.
  • I meant to also mention that not only did my OB stay there the whole time but with both kids she did perineal massage with oil during all pushing.  With DS I got one stitch and with DD I didn't need any.  The 2nd time around, the nurse was even
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I pushed for an hour and a half, and my OB was probably only there for the last 10-15 minutes. She came on at 7AM for her shift, and DD was born at 7:44...she was in and out checking on me until she really thought it was time. The nurses did most of the w
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • My Dr. checked on me throughout the day (I was induced). I was in labor for about 8 hours and pushed for about 40 mins. He called a few times when I was pushing, but didn't come up again until LO started to crown. His office is on the floor below&nbs
  • I only pushed for about 20 mins so yes she was there the entire time. She even came in at 2am after they admitted me and stayed all night I didn't start pushing until about 715am.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"