Babies on the Brain

Planning birthdate??

Hi,
I'm new to this TTC community. My question is should my husband and I 'go with the flow' to see how baby making goes or is planning the baby's birthdate too much???
Everyone I talk to says it never works out the way you plan..hehe.
What are all your thoughts??

Thanks

Re: Planning birthdate??

• I think about that, too. I keep doing the counting thing in my head where I say, "If we get preggo during X month, the baby would come during Y month, and that'd work out great." Ha! I'm thinking maybe setting a range would be better. So, I've tentatively
  • You can't plan it. You can try, but that doesn't mean it will happen. We were trying for a late spring/early summer baby and I'm due at the beginning of Sept.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been very lucky and have been able to have our babies when we were hoping to do so. I have about a 3 or 4 month window that is really ideal for me.  If we don't conceive in that time, we'll reconsider waiting another year to try. 

• Thank you for your insight. My husband and I are ready and excited about trying. Just this month we had a "chemical pregnancy". After talking about that situation we are eager to try but think we will wait a couple months for the ideal window.
    You
  • We do the same thing regarding the counting. We are also thinking of beginning our journey in June that will result in a March birthdate.
  • imageMandJS:
    It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive if there are no problems. So I vote no. Don't "plan". Start TTC
  • I planned on having a baby in May 2012.

::Looks at siggy::

Yeah that didn't turn out like I planned.

In all seriousness OP, you can try to "plan" when your baby is born, but don't get upset if it doesn't work out the way you plan

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Very true statements. Nothing is certain and nothing can truly be planned.
    I know my husband and I will be happy with whatever we are given. Even if we try now it may not happen till June. Or if we try in June it may happen on the first shot or many
  • imageBeckyOff:

imageMandJS:</
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • We just wanted a baby. I would have loved to have had a baby in October (a super tiny baby for Halloween was my dream), and to my happy surprise, I got an October baby! The time, I have been wanting a November baby, and it's not going to happen. I think I
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We planned ds's birth. I am a teacher so we wanted to maximize my maternity leave time so we planned for a spring/early summer birth. It took 3 months to get pregnant and had him in May. I was very happy with the timing but I would have taken my baby at a

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In a perfect world, that would be cool! However, I dont think it usually works out that good. DH and I would be happy no matter what month it is, if we get our baby. You could try at first, but may end up not caring. And just want to get a BFP.

• I planned for a Christmas baby. DS was due. Dec 2 and came Nov 18 my grandfather's 100th birthday!!! Mostly because the end of Q4 and all of Q1 were the best times to be out at my job.

You can try but just know that you cannot always contr
  • We have been TTC for 4 cycles and it can take over a year for couples where both people are healthy to conceive. Better to just start trying and take it as it comes. GL!

• I swore up and down I never wanted to be "very" pregnant in the summer. Well I was ALL DARN SUMMER in the 100 degree heat. I survived but you dont always get everything, at least I got a sweet baby

• As PPs said, DH and I are trying more for a "window" so that we will ideally have a baby between February and June of 2014. I personally don't want to be super pregnant in the summer, so that's why we've waited to try until next month. But then again, i

• imagebanvillec:
    What we think is perfect and what God thinks is perfect can be too different things. Everything happens for a reaso
  • imagebanvillec:
    imagerobinsokj:<
    Photobucket
  • imagebanvillec:
    imagemagdalina.h
    Photobucket
  • I'm a lurker, but I wanted to comment.  I don't think you should focus on a specific month, but you could focus on a time of year, but be prepared to just let it happen if timing doesn't work.  I would also start about a month earlier then your
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • imagebanvillec:
    imagemagdalina.h:</s
  • banville, believe whatever you want but you've obviously completely missed the point

Dont say this *** to other people.  

• imagerobinsokj:

banville, believe whatever you want but you've obviously completely missed the point

Dont say th

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Dont stress yourself out with trying to pick the birthdate or birthmonth, you might get really lucky but not likely.  Once you get pregnant you will be so happy you are you won't care about the birthdate.   
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • we tried that....didn't work out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"