November 2012 Moms

I've got to be the worst mom ever..

So, for the past few weeks LO has been dealing with his wakeful period and teething and we have had some pretty bad thunderstorms here in KS and he refuses, I mean absolutely REFUSES to sleep in his crib, and we have even tried his swing and that doesn't work. So we have been co-sleeping no problem. Before this whole mess he would take a nap with me after his 5am feeding too so we have both been use to co-sleeping.

But, last night...I became the worst mom ever....LO rolled off the bed. I felt him start to roll and I tried to catch him but he slipped out of my arms. Thankfully we have carpet, its not a big drop and LO seems to be fine. No bruises, bumps, or even scratches and he is acting normal. I however, am a complete mess. I feel horrible. I don't even know how it happened. It happened so fast and I feel like I am the worst mom in the universe. I hope that he truly is completely ok. But, now I am freaking out for him to sleep with us again and he wont sleep anywhere else right now. It looks like a few sleepless days for me. =(

Sincerely,

The worst mom ever!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

Re: I've got to be the worst mom ever..

• I have had dreams about this, or me tripping while holding her.. usually with concrete..... scares the beejeesus out of me... BUT like you said Baby is fine.... and you and not the 1st person to have posted this

My advice... dedicate all day to j

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• You are not the worst mom, do not beat yourself up over this....that said I think it's time to move him to the crib, with some practice he will come to like it, but if he is able to roll off the bed its no longer a safe sleeping environment. 

<
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJenner37:

You are not the worst mom, do not beat yourself up over this....that said I think it's time to move him to the crib,

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Not a bad mom at all. Accidents happen.

Have you had LO sleep in the middle before. Nights we end up co sleeping, or half night co sleeping that's what I do. I sleep in my side facing the middle and have LO in my arm in the middle. Not a very
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MaebbMaebb member
    I'll nominate myself as the worst mom ever because my baby rolled off the bed too. My story is very similar to yours. LO didn't like the crib, so he was sleeping with me in the bed. I got up to take a shower, and then I was in the bathroom doing my mak
  • Hi, Im lurking over from the Dec board. I bring LO into bed after her early morning feeding and DH pulled the blanket over her head once. Really freaked us out even though she didn't seem to notice. We put a bed rail on my side so she could sleep between
  • imageuconnhuskie007:

Doesn't listen for a damn though, must've been a side effect....  

<P
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"