Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Tell me about your cat?

How did your cat respond to the new baby? Does anyone's cat really try to sleep in the crib/bassinet? My mom is driving me crazy by constantly telling me the cat is going to smother her. I honestly can't imagine this. How would you even limit their access to the baby, anyway?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me about your cat?

• We have three cats, who have shown varying degrees of interest.  We don't let the cats in the nursery, or in our bedroom while the baby is sleeping there.  I'm sure it would be entirely innocent, but it is not totally far-fetched to think that t
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • We don't have a cat but my MIL does. Every time we take DD over there the cat tries to get into the car seat when it's empty. We do have dogs and I never leave DD alone with them. If she's in her swing or rock n play and I need to leave the room really qu
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've made the cats stay outside/in the garage since this dd came home due to the fact that

A. They eat pacifiers like nobodies business
    B. they like to piss in the car seat carrier
    C. I don't trust them around dd.
  • My cat wants absolutely nothing to do with the screaming mess that is a newborn. She tries to get into almost everything baby related, but that's only because its fuzzy, warm, and shaped to cuddle (bassinet, bouncer seat, etc.)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Our cat is older and has been kind of depressed since his brother died and he is now an only cat.  He meows at us a lot, and since the baby has come, he meows at her just like us.  I think she is learning to reach out and pet him when he demands
  • We have two cats. One did end up in the crib with one of our kids in it exactly once. She jumped in, saw the baby and couldn't get out quick enough. She never went near the crib again and doesn't go near their beds even though she sleeps on our bed. The o
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RacieRacie member
    Our cat was completely uninterested in the baby.  He was scared of the baby, he just completely ignored her.

I was originally planning on always keeping the cat out of whatever room the baby was in because I thought he might be cuddly and I di
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My two cats have been fine with DS, not nearly as interested in him as the dogs are. My older more well adjusted girl has warmed to him already, but prefers to try to steal my lap whenever she can than really doing anything with him. She was a

• We actually were worried about one of our cats laying with the baby because she would always jump in the crib and PNP before DD was born. She's also very affectionate so we were afraid she would want to cuddle with baby. She never jumps in the crib anymor
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• My cats currently have no interest in my newborn now, but when my daughters were small my oldest cat took full responsibility for them. I often tell the story of how she'd come and find me whenever my newborn started crying and meowed at me until I res

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for all the replies! I'm not terribly worried about our cat trying to sleep with LO. He doesn't make any attempt to get in the crib or rnp, although he did discover the newborn napper in the pnp last night. I know he would never bite her, and he i
  • My cats couldn't give two shiits about the baby. When he starts to cry they look pretty freaked out and that's about it. He sleeps in a RNP in our room and there is no room for kitties in there. One is so fat it would be a pipe dream for him to be able t

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• I'm an owner of 2. One fixed female-5 yrs and one unfixed male-1 yr. The female tried to sleep in LO's crib and bassinet once while we were home and got the "bad kitty" treatment with water. She doesn't want anything to do with LO, just keeps her dis
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The most interest either of our cats has shown in the baby, is 1 cat likes to sleep on his changing pad. He runs out of the room when he hears me coming with the baby though (he gets spanked when i catch him on that damn pad lol) We left the crib and PnP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was a little worried about bringing a baby home with our cat, as he hates literally everyone but DH and I.  He was into all the baby stuff before DS was born, but I tried not to discourage it too much as cats are extreamly sensitive to changes in t
  • My cat could care less about the baby.  She has never tried to go near DS, however several times I have caught her in the carseat, but I nipped that in the bud real quick.   If I ever caught her in the crib, her butt would be staying outsid
  • We have two cats, one is terrified of everything so we never had to worry about her, but my other one I was very nervous to bring the baby home, the first day she really scared me, she growled the first time she heard him cry, and that night I didn't slee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"