Adoption

FAQ update

I've been promising to add Captain Serious's book recommendations to the FAQ forever, but life has been...interesting. Anyhoo, it might be time to update them overall.

So when you have the time, take a look at the current FAQs and see if there's something else you should be there. Currently we want to add a list of books to read (with various subtopics, like general parenting, general adoption, foster parenting, etc.), and possibly a topic addressing open vs closed adoptions.

TIA!

Re: FAQ update

• Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I am home I will try to remember to post the list of books our agency recommends/requires, both for DIA and for adopting children from foster care. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGnomeSweetGnome:
    When I am home I will try to remember to post the list of books our agency recommends/requires, both for DIA
  • I would love to see a post about personal home study experiences.  I know when we were deciding, that was a BIG DEAL to us -- what are they looking for?  What hoops do you have to jump through?  White glove test?  

Of course e

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• imagesarahtoledo:

I would love to see a post about personal home study experiences.  I know when we were deciding, that was a

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • Domestic Infant & General Adoption Books (recommended by Catholic Charities of Dallas - I've read almost all of these, people can message and/or page me to ask about specific ones and I'll be happy to answer any questions they might have!)</

• Books for Foster-to-Adopt/Older Child Adoption (recommended by Catholic Charities of Dallas)

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

• I love the ideas about adding books, home study experiences, and about open/closed adoptions!

Since my husby and I publicly announced our adoption, I've had numerous people (strangers and friends alike) who are thinking about adoption ask me to g

I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • Good grief, sorry about the formatting on my second post. Stupid Word!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"