Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Need some quick advice

My 4 week old LO totally has his days and nights reversed. He sleeps 2-3 hr stretches during the night but sleeps great during the day. His last feeding today was at 2 and he fell asleep at 3 and is still sleeping. Our pedi said to only feed on demand now (he's FF) because his weight gain has been awesome but should I wake him to eat? I've read to feed more often during the day to promote STTN but have also read not to wake a sleeping baby. What do u think? And HOW can I get these days and nghts switched. Been trying the EASY way but Is he still too young to get it?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need some quick advice

• I think you should follow his cues and not try to switch him (don't wake him now).  DS just magically figured it out sleeping at night this week.  I didn't do anything to encourage it.  Newborns don't have their circadian rhythm figured

• One of the things I did was during the day I made sure blinds where open, lights on. Than as the sun went down I would close blinds. This way the baby would notice more so day vs night.
    April 10 IUI BFN Sept 10 IUI BRN Feb 11 IVF hoping for a BFP! Feb 27 ER 28 eggs Mar 4 8 health eggs, 2 ET Mar 17 - Beta 180!! BFP!!! Mar 21 - Beta 1295!! holy cow what a jump Coming soon 1st Sono March 30!!! Crossing fingers for healthy stick bean(s) Mar 29 miscarry :( 6w 3d 2nd IVF July 2011 BFP July 2011 M/C 11/11/11 hate to say good bye again! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 3rd IVF 4/3/12 ER 46 eggs (holly cow batman) 40 mature, 36 fertilized 4/8/12 ET 2 AB put back 4/10/12 15 make it to FREEZE 4/22/12 Beta BFN 1st FET 6/7/12 Day we are going to put back 2. 6/21/12 BFP 1285 6/25/12 4780 I hope this time they stick!! Deaglan William welcome. My rainbow is finally here February 7, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • My Ped recommended feed on demand at night but wake to feed during the day so the opportunity for long sleeps are at night not day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"