Breastfeeding

Moving milk from fridge to freezer

I have started building up a bit of a supply in the fridge and would like to transition it to the freezer  The milk is in Lansinoh bags.  Can I move milk that's been in the fridge for a few days into the freezer?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

Re: Moving milk from fridge to freezer

• From what I read, yes, you can do that. I do this myself because some sessions yield little, so I combine to make even 2oz bags to freeze. I read somewhere on here that there is a "7-7-7" guideline ( 7 hrs room temp, 7 days in fridge, 7 mos in freeze).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I've never heard up to the 7 hour rule like the other poster mentioned, but I use the RUle of 5s according to my LCs which is the same concept. (5 hrs room temp, 5 days in fridge, 5 mos in freeze). I usually wait and freeze on the last day or 2 to make su
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • If it has been in the fridge for more than 3 days, my LC and hospital told me to use it and not freeze it.  You should ideally freeze it by day 3 of being the fridge.
  • I would and have. If I know I'm going to be freezing some milk, I try to move it right away.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Sure can. Even my NICU did it when ds was there. For my rotating freezer stash, I go straight into freezer. I rarely leave in fridge longer than 1-2 days. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"