August 2012 Moms

Circle the wagons

Night one of Ferber tonight. I just can't do it anymore, it's not fair to her or to me that she can't go to sleep/fall back asleep without nursing. I can't keep nursing her every 90 minutes all night long. It's not good for either of us. I read Ferber's book, my husband is supportive and on board, we have a video monitor.

I'm still scared. I know most of y'all have gone through the fire by now, and you've supported lots of people through it. I won't ask you to repost all of your experiences or anything...I just need SOMEONE to know that we're doing it. I don't want to post this on facebook and have to deal with possible "oh I could NEVER let my baby cry" nonsense. There is literally no way for us to help her sleep better without crying, because when she wakes up and I try not to nurse her, she cries. Literally no matter what method we use, she is going to do some crying. I know in my BRAIN that this doesn't make me a bad mom, but my heart hurts anyway.

Ugh. Most pointless post ever. You're nice ladies for bearing with me.  

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Circle the wagons

• Good luck Aggie!  Sending positive and sleepy thoughts your way!!!
    photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck! Sleepy baby vibes to you. It will all be worth it in a few days when she is blissfully sleeping!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Drink a beer. Watch Archer on On Demand. Look up this fascinating article about dolphins and opposable thumbs in The Onion. Take a shower. If the intervals make her more angry, try not going in at all. Just when you're ready to throw in the towel, listen
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• And no matter how bad tonight is, she will be your smily, happy girl in the morning again.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• imageBaker_Bride:
    And no matter how bad tonight is, she will be your smily, happy girl in the morning again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Where's Scout with her sleep training mantra??

You can do this! You're helping your sweet girl get the sleep she needs.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    And no matter how bad tonight is, she will be your smily, happy girl in the morning again.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• imageBaker_Bride:
    Drink a beer. Watch Archer on On Demand. Look up this fascinating article about dolphins and opposable thumbs in The O
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You can do it! Just realize its hard but it will get better. Do something to take your mind off it. LO will be fine.
  • Good luck! We aren't there yet. Update on how it goes. You know what's best for your baby. Sounds like everyone involved is on board and ready.
  • Good luck Aggie!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Be strong! It's for the best, it's healthier for her and you. 
  • You've already gotten great advice here !!!

Baker is wise, isn't she ???

You got this Aggie. Best piece of advice I heard is walk away for a minute if you have to. Right when you're about to break, promise yourself just 5 more minutes.

<

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• Good luck! Before you know it, everyone will be resting easier. Hugs.

• ccamccam member
    It will be so worth it!! Stick with it.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• It was the best choice we could have made! In a few nights it will all be worth it. Sending sleepy thoughts your way!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck lady! Sending good vibes and hang in there if it gets tough!
  • You guys are amazing. Seriously, I read each of your responses, like, 30 times whilst crying when she was crying. Then my sweet husband sent me to shower while he handled the check ins. 15 minutes later she was asleep. We'll see how long it lasts, we stil

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hang in there, love. The first few days are the worst. Just keep busy, turn the monitor down, and try to relax. It's so so so so hard, but equally worth it.

Hugs!!
  • imageAggieDaner:
    You guys are amazing. Seriously, I read each of your responses, like, 30 times whilst crying when she was crying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thinking of you - it is SO hard and so NOT fun but so worth it. You can do this.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • How's it going Aggie?

Is Little Miss Aggie down for the count?

Expecting good things!

• imagemelmarie26:
    How's it going Aggie?

Is Little Miss Aggie down for the count?

Expecting good things!
    </

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemlynne37wiu:
    imageAggieDaner:</

• imagemelmarie26:
    imagemlynne37wiu:</
  • I could never let my baby cry...

That was until I had a baby that woke up every hour all night long for 6 months straight.  My eye balls were bleeding!

You gotta do what you gotta do!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"