April 2013 Moms
Options

Frustrated (vent)

I feel so frustrated.  Every day I think I'm going into labor.  My contractions start spaced out and then get closer together.  They also start low in the morning, but by the evening they start high and wrap around.  Last night I was consistently having top-wrap-around contractions 5 minutes apart that lasted over a minute.  Then, after I put my son to bed and cleaned up the dishes I sat down and they spaced out again.

I'm getting so tired of thinking everyday that this is it.  I keep seeing STM's warnings on here about the second labor experience going really fast and not to dilly dally or not make it to the hospital in time.  But, now I feel like not even bothering to tell my husband about the contractions (he is a chef and often works nights).  I'm just putting him through this with me. Why even bother timing them if they're just going to keep going away every night?  That of course makes me worried that I'll wait too long and have to drive myself and my son to the hospital and hope my husband and mother in law get there...or worse, need to call an ambulance.  All because 5 minute apart contractions that last over a minute seem to keep going away.  ARGH.

I had contractions for weeks last time too but I delivered at 39 weeks last time.  I already had my baby by now.  I'm just so frustrated.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Frustrated (vent)

• Options

I'm sorry.  :(  I can imagine how frustrating that would be.  My contractions never develop a pattern don't become timeable and are almost never "painful" etc... I've had ONE night where I woke up to a nice fat contraction that actually

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Options

Thanks.  I have an appointment this afternoon, but I'm not even sure whether I'm going to get checked because that will either get my hopes up or down and can still be as accurate as a crystal ball.

We've had sex several times over the last

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had weeks of contractions just like you're describing too. I thought I wouldn't know when I actually went into labor, but when it was real, I knew it. The real labor contractions felt different than the wrap around ones in that I was feeling a decent
  • Options

imagePepperBug:
    I had weeks of contractions just like you're describing too. I thought I wouldn't know when I actually went into l
  • Options
    elbouelbou member
    I'm sorry your body keeps psyching you out like that.

I've been getting crazy BH's this pregnancy (a totally new experience, as I don't remember any at all with my other two) and they have been getting quite strong at night. Earlier this week

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Right there with you! Mine start in the early evening around 8 and are anywhere from 3 to 15 mins apart and last almost the whole night. Then when morning comes they go to 18 to 20 mins apart. It's only been two days for me but it's so annoying that it
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"