August 2012 Moms

I quit soda cold turkey.

I have not had one in a week.  I was never a huge soda person until I got pregnant.  Then I craved ice cold cherry cokes like every 5 minutes.  That continued pp.  I have woken up every day this week with a massive headache.  Think that's why?  It sucks.  But I'm not giving in!  I'm still having one cup of coffee in the morning, but it's water for the rest of the day.  I'm back to drinking minimum 80-100oz of water per day.  I do feel better and way less bloated.

::fist pump::

Re: I quit soda cold turkey.

• Yes Good job! Cutting out soda/caffeine is hard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The headache is totally from not drinking soda!  Your body is going through sugar withdrawal.  Soda is delicious but sooooo bad for you.  Good for you giving it up! 

• Loading the player...
  • Great job! Keep it up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good for you! Are you doing it because of the sugar and sodium (or cancer causing fake sugar) or are you doing it for caffeine? I could never ever give up caffeine. Ever. We are bonded for life.  

Can you do coffee? Coffee is better for you

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Good for you!

I rarely drink it myself. Gives me horrible tummy cramps when I drink too much. I'm giving up chocolate. Once I "discipline" myself, I'll allow myself some here and there. I'm finally about where I want to be with my weight since D

Anniversary
  • imageBaker_Bride:

Good for you! Are you doing it because of the sugar and sodium (or cancer causing fake sugar) or are you doing it

• imagepoppyseed1017:
    imageBaker_B

• imageBaker_Bride:
    imagepoppyseed

• imagepoppyseed1017:
    imageBaker_B

• awesome!  I quit soda 4 years ago and haven't gone back since!  I was a daily diet soda drinkerIck!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Good for you! I have cut back a ton. I drink only one pop a day now. Sometimes not even one.

Buuuut...my husband has a SEVERE diet coke addiction. He drinks at least a 12 pack of diet coke A DAY!! No exaggerating. I have been trying reall

• imageJnmac83:

Good for you! I have cut back a ton. I drink only one pop a day now. Sometimes not even one.

Buuuut...my hus

• imagenatalie8784:
    You are a strong woman. nbsp;Soda is my vice. nbsp;I love soda. nbsp;soda soda soda.

O
  • imagepoppyseed1017:
    imageJnmac83

• imageBaker_Bride:
    imagepoppyseed

• The same thing happened to me with soda.   I hardly ever had any and once I was KU that was all I wanted.   The headaches are definately from caffeine withdrawal.  Whenever I eliminate soda's and just do water I get massive h
    BabyFruit Ticker

• You are a stronger woman than I.  I love coke!  And cherry coke...mmm!

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• imagepoppyseed1017:
    imageBaker_B
  • imagepoppyseed1017:
    imageJnmac83
  • Great job!!!

• imageJnmac83:
    imagepoppyseed1017

• Better you than me, girlfriend.

WTG, though! That's some willpower right there.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• If you stop drinking all carbonated beverages, you'll see a difference in your tummy pretty quickly. That carbonation bloats you badly.

I stopped drinking soda for a long time, but sometimes I give in. I hear the sound of it opening, and crav
  • Kudos to you! I don't know how I made it without caffeine during my pregnancy. I should have been sainted.

And I say this as I sit with my diet coke right next to me at 10 am.... 

734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, guys!  To be clear, I am NOT giving up caffeine.  Lol.  Only soda. 

I do notice a difference in my stomach already.  I was having horrible issues with bloat and that's pretty much gone now.

• I am just now quitting soda but, the willpower you have to go straight from soda to water is unreal.

I couldn't make that jump. I went from sodas to low cal vitamin waters or diet green tea watered down.

One day, I will join you in the 100o

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• imageJnmac83:
    Good for you! I have cut back a ton. I drink only one pop a day now. Sometimes not even one.
    Buuuut...my husband ha
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"