Baby Names

Has Sadie gone to the dogs?

I love Sadie but I hear so many "that's a dogs name" comments when I tell people it's on our list.  I've never met a dog named Sadie so I have to ask do you think it's gone to the dogs?  I also find it ironic that people don't associate Bella and Max with dog names but those are the most common ones I hear at the dog park!

Re: Has Sadie gone to the dogs?

• I don't think so. I like names that end in -ie. However, I don't think they age well. They are nice as NN's though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope. My oldest is Sadie. Her given name :
    DD #1 3/4/09 DD #2 11/3/11 Surprise! LO #3 due 12/9/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it is a perfectly fine human name. I will say though that our dog is named Sadie and I know at least 4 other dogs named Sadie. It is just getting trendy to give dogs human names so any name could be a dog name. Sadie is a fantastic name and you sh
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I wouldn't worry about it as long as you don't have a dog close to named Sadie. Its a nice name for a girl.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am a dog walker and know 3 Sadie's with four legs.
    Other names that would be out for me personally for this reason are
    Bella
    Stella
    Sophie
    All are beautiful people names but have become really popular in the dog world to
  • IMO, yes. Same with Bailey.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • People like to give dogs human names. That's ok. But it doesn't make them dog names. If you wanted to name a child fido I'd roll me eyes. But Sadie and Molly and max are for people. 
  • I really wouldn't pay any mind to the dog comments. They are so unfounded to me. I worked as a receptionist in a veterinarian clinic during college and checked in so many more Molly's, Maggie's, Chloe's, and Abby's than Sadie's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it's fine. Most of my dogs have had people names and I never strictly associate them as such.
    Dating: Jul.2003 | Married: Jul.2006
    BFP: Dec.2007 | DD: Aug.2008
    TTC #2: Dec.2011 | Done?: Aug.2013
  • I had a dog named Sadie when I was a kid, but also went to school with a girl named Sadie. I hate the "that's a dog's name" statement because they were people names first. I've had dogs named Timmy and Delilah, as well as my current three, Casie, Penny, a
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to summer camp with a girl named Sadie she's in her early 30's now. I also have an 8th grade student named Sadie. Never met a dog named Sadie.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• imagejuniper19:
    People like to give dogs human names. That's ok. But it doesn't make them dog names. If you wanted to name a child fid
  • I agree with PP, don't worry about it.

My name is quite common for dogs, ducks, cows etc... and that's kinda lame but it's still a perfectly legit human name. In fact, I get a lot of compliments on it. I don't know any dogs named Sadie and we pla

• I don't know any Sadie dogs. I do know a human Sadie, though. I like it.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • What an interesting question considering DH's aunt stole BOTH my girl names for her dogs!  Sadie and Lucy were front runners for us until she gave the names to her dogs.  I think it's a human name!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Sadie is a people name. I've never known any dogs named Sadie, and even if I did, it would still be a great name for a human. 

Besides, dogs are cool. I'm pretty sure when I was a kid I would've loved to have had the same name as someone's p

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • I love Sadie and don't get the dog reference either..  I know or have known plenty of dogs named Max, Jack, Tucker, Emma, Bella etc. and don't think of them as dog names.     I think its a great name that is both adorable on
  • My dog's name is Sadie but I think it's so cute for a little girl.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My aunt had a dog named Sadie. I also know a girl with a daughter named Sadie.

When someone says, "That's a dogs name.", I think to myself, well it was a human name first!

I think Sadie is adorable. FWIW, I had a dog named Angus growin

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I had a student named Sadie and I thought it was cute. My aunts dog is Sadie but she also doesn't have children. My opinion is that it is a girls name and people need to get more create with their pet names. My dog is Zeppelin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"