Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleep at 2 weeks

My LO is 2 weeks today. I am feeling so sleep deprived today. Some days she does well n others are more challenging.

Lately, she won't go to bed from 7:30 until midnight while cluster feefing, and when she does fall asleep, she only stays asleep if she is co sleeping, because when she goes in her bassinet she wakes right up.

It isn't until 6 or 9 in the morning that she will sleep on her own in a deep sleep n not wake up while in her bassinet.

I really live sleeping with her but don't want to make her dependent on sleeping with us n end up having her in our bed for years, like my sisters kids are!

I struggle with this cause I try n sleep as much as possible during that time, but at the same time, I want her to be up n active to get her to realize its day n hopefully sleep earlier.

Suggestions?

I breastfeed n don't pump so hysband can't do shifts, plus he works n I stay home, so I don't want to ask him to lose the sleep he needs during the day.

How are your LO sleeping at 2 weeks? I know it's still to early for a schedule, but I wish I could pick up on her patterns. They seem so different every night. She sleeps big at 4 to 6 but I can't very well go to bed that early!

Anyone else exhausted at 2 weeks? What has worked for you?
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: Sleep at 2 weeks

• I remember people telling me to sleep when the baby sleeps, but finding that really difficult to do. If she is sleeping well at 6 or 9 in the morning (or at any other times of the day), I would lay down at that time to try to get some sleep if you can.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is 18daysold, and she has been sleeping in 3 or 4 hour increments the last few nights. I usually nap at night, though, while she naps, since I know she will be up from 9 to 11:30, and then I nap with her in the morning, from 7 to 9 or 10. I don't ge

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My little one is down for the night about 10pm and wakes up around 2am and 4:30 am for a feeding and diaper change.  She will sleep in her bassinet if I'm persistant or in a RnP for the movement.  Sometimes I get a nap in when she's napping duri

• DD hated her bassinet but LOVES the RnP.  She does great in it.  Maybe try something like that? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in a similar boat and I've found that the only way she'll sleep in the bassinet is if she is swaddled...
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"