April 2013 Moms
Options

induction on monday

My doctor just scheduled an induction for early Monday morning because of high blood pressure and trace protein in my urine. I'll be 39 weeks and 1 day when they induce. As of 3 days ago I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. My plan was to have a pain med free birth. Now that I'm being induced I'm worried about it ending in a c section or being much more painful and needing pain meds. I am okay with the induction because it's best for me and baby, but I really still want to have a vaginal delivery without pain meds. Has any one had an induction that turned out positive? Or anyone that was still able to do it without pain medicine? I'm starting to get discouraged..

Re: induction on monday

• Options

I was induced with DD1 and was able to birth vaginally. I had no intentions of going med-free but neither of the 2 epis I got actually worked. it was long, started induction at 7:00 am on Monday had had her 4:17 am Tuesday morning. Most of that I wasn'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My first was induced at 40 weeks for high BP. I was 2 cm dilated and they broke my water. My labour was 6.5 hours and I delivered a 9 lb baby sunny side up vaginally. I did need an epidural though. I just couldn't handle the back to back contractions a

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was induced at 38 weeks and a couple if days because of high BP and low platelets, other than the cervadil and something to help me sleep (they started the cervadil in the evening) I went completely med free. My cervix was soft, but not dilated or effac

• Options
    It's def still an option!!!  Lots of otherwise-natural induction stories on the natural birth board, and even a simple google search will give you lots of stories!!  I am also trying to avoid an induction, but did lots of research and know what
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"