April 2013 Moms

Induction cancelled ...

Because I had my baby!!! Eden Serafina was born at 5:36 this morning weighing 9 lbs 5 oz and 21.5" long. (sorry,  no pictures yet)

Short version of her birth story:

Yesterday at my 40 week appointment, my BP had spiked, so my OB decided he wanted to induce me the next day at some point. He checked me (2 cm) and did a membrane sweep to see if he could get anything started and told me to await a call in the morning telling me when to come in.

All evening I was slightly crampy but nothing exciting. At 10:30 I was quite crampy, but still nothing to write home about. It was enough to keep me from sleeping, but I didn't feel like I was in labour yet. By 2:30 I was in quite a bit of pain having contractions 2-3 mins apart, but I still wasn't sure if they were strong enough. DH made the calls anyway and we went in. I was 5 cm when I got there and was really looking forward to an epi after vomiting multiple times with my back to back contractions. I got the ep at 7 cm and was very quickly dilated. I think I pushed for maybe 15 mins and she was out. 3 hours of active labour in total.

My biggest surprise was how big she was. With my son, I measured right on track the whole time and he was born at 40 weeks 1 day at 9 lbs 1 oz. Eden was measuring 2 weeks behind and was born at 40 weeks 1 day at 9 lbs 5 oz! Where on earth was she hiding??? 

Re: Induction cancelled ...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"