April 2013 Moms

Please stop asking me if I am dilated

Seriously must be the question of the day. "Heard you had an appointment yesterday. Are you dilated"?  Seriously people.  Is it any of your business?!  I barely walked down the hall at work without 3 people asking that. Then my cousin texts me and asks the same freaking question.  No. I am not dilated or at least I don't know if I am. They don't do internal exams until almost 39 weeks.  So maybe next week they will check, but I am certainly not telling all of you.  Not to mention if I am dilated it may not mean a thing! I could walk around for a few more weeks and be dilated.  Most of the people asking me are women, women who have had children!

Sorry. Just had a moment and so over these questions.  I think I am going to make a tshirt that says "No baby update. You will know when we know." Or I am going use a PP idea and say chocolate and snacks are welcome for every time they ask me these types of questions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please stop asking me if I am dilated

• I feel ya, plus I feel it's too much of a personal question. So I just tell everyone the doctor hasn't checked me. Of course then they start asking why and I just try to be short with everyone. I think certain things should be kept between so and I and th
  • It is SO weird to me that anyone (other than maybe your SO) would inquire as to the state of your cervix!  Talk about inappropriate!

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I bet half those people don't even know what it means when you're dilated, so I would just tell them you're 12 cm or something crazy like that.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That would masker me crazy! Even as a currently pregnant woman the only thing I'll ask is "do you feel like you're getting ready for labor?" And only if the topic is already on the table. That way they can leave it at as yes/no or share more depending on
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • elbouelbou member

imageclgsquared:
    The chocolate idea has worked very nicely for me thus far.  No one has asked me ANYTHING today :)
    </BLOC

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't get checked at my appointments, just personal preference. It drives everyone crazy when they ask me if I'm dilated and I just shrug and say, I dunno, I don't have them check. Especially my mom! It's pretty amusing to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People at work keep asking me the same thing.  I had someone ask me last week how dilated and effaced I was.  It's so weird that they feel like they can ask that question!
  • I have a friend on FB with the same due date as me and she keeps posting the number of cms she is dilated publicly.  Does she realize that these are measurements of her "private parts"?  I agree with you that coworkers (and FB acquaintances) don
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"