June 2013 Moms

Called in "sick"

So I called in sick to work today but I'm not sick... I'm just exhausted...

I work four 10 hour days monthurs 7am to 6pm at an animal hispitsl. Tues and Wednesday were nightmarishly busy. I am lucky if I get a lunch break most days, because there's not a scheduled break. I just go when I can and sometimes that's never... I feel bad about not going in but my entire body aches and we are moving this weekend so I don't know when I will have a break.

Please tell me I'm not a schlep for doing this...

Edit: oh and also, I'm waking up almost every hour overnight now to pee or because I'm STARVING! I love this kid but it will be great when I can go back to being a normal functional human being.

image image

Re: Called in "sick"

• Go for it! When baby gets here you can't call in sick so enjoy it!
  • I think you're fine, it's a mental health day.  I'm like you, though...I feel guilty for calling in sick when I'm not really sick.  I always worry that I'm going to get caught by the sick leave police or something. 
    L.M.
  • Loading the player...
  • Try to relax and enjoy your day!
  • Eh you gotta do what you gotta do, only you know if you abuse calling in or not. As a supervisor I'm side eyeing you a bit bc I know what a burden it creates in my dept when people call out. I tell people to schedule time off for long weekends to help avo
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imageBabyShanteau:
    I think you're fine, it's a mental health day.  I'm like you, though...I feel guilty for c
  • Oh enjoy! I have a Dr appointment this morning so I'm enjoying at least sleeping in.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You deserve it. Don't question yourself. Just relax.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel bad but only because my job is so flipping busy. I do have an alternate that comes in today anyway so someone who knows what they are doing is there... But I guess I am sort of abusing the system since I'm not sick. Oh well. Screw that. I'm freakin

image image

• I just did the same thing cause DD was up alll night and I am too tired to deal with the crap at work today. Let's declare today a mental health day all aeound!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I do the same thing
  • imagerosewatermegs:
    I just did the same thing cause DD was up alll night and I am too tired to deal with the crap at work today. Let's d

image image

• You should feel no guilt. I vote exhausted counts and a good excuse for calling in sick.

My work only gives us only 2 sick days (Where I live most people would get at least 5-10 in my type of work). So I end up going into work every time I'm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am home today too. I feel bad cuz I was off yesterday and I had to call in sick on Monday and I have to be late tomorrow because of an appointment. I feel like a horrible lazy person but this morning I hardly made it from my bed to the bathroom without
  • I did thesame today....i usually work mon thru friday 8-5 but end up staying late all the time as i am a nurse...well this week i have to work saturday too..and they wanted me to work 6 days straight on my feet for 9 hours a day....well i got home last ni
  • I called in too. I don't feel the best but I could make it through the day if I had to. Like you, I'm just exhausted and it's a prefect day to nap because it's raining.
    Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • Oh wow I'm not alone! That makes me feel better! Haha but sorry you guys are feeling exhausted and swollen too. I was having cramps earlier this week among some other symptoms and the on call dr told me it sounded like I was dehydrated so I need to drink

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"