Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else dread the nights?

As I'm sitting here with DD after her THIRD feed since we put her down to sleep at midnight, it occurred to me how much I dread the night time arriving!  As in, around dinner time I start clock-watching to try and determine how many times I think she'll wake and need to be fed, then get really anxious thinking about having to get up out of bed all those times.

Along those same lines, I'm so glad this past night is almost over!  It hasn't been an easy one.  It's times like this I have to try really hard to appreciate the newborn stage.  Go to sleep, baby!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else dread the nights?

• Hang in there it gets better!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto pp, it does get better!

With DS1, I got anxiety every night because there was so much unknown about how the night would go.  For some reason, I don't have it with DS2.  I think part of it is that I read that newborns shouldn't hav

• Loading the player...
  • I dread them too, but for different reasons. My LO has her "witching hour" right when I am ready to go to bed. It can last 30 minutes and up to 4 hours. Once she is asleep we're usually golden, but getting her to sleep tests my new found patients!
  • At the moment it may feel like this will last forever, but one thing I learned from DS is that these phases actually go by quick! Your LO will be sleeping better in no time!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know how you feel and was thinking of writing a post on this myself. I never know whether it will be an easy night (2 wake-ups and LO goes right back to sleep) or a terrible night (lots of wake-ups and little one is AWAKE and possibly fussy for much

• At 9 weeks, DS is now sleeping 7 hours, which is great. Earlier I definitely didn't enjoy going to bed like I used to, because I knew I'd just be getting up again in a few hours. Then when I was up with him I was always calculating how many hours of sleep
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I remember that feeling...it gets better! 5 weeks my DS started to sleep a 5 hour stretch then another 3 to 4 hour stretch. Just hang on....
  • Yes, me! I've had 3 terrible nights in a row I feel like a walking zombie...
  • kegkeg member
    I had a couple bad nights, but then I set myself up with my laptop, some streaming netflix shows (House of Cards was great), and headphones, and that seemed to make the long nights not nearly as bad. :-)
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I definitely dread the nights! At 1st LO was cluster feeding every night starting at 3 or 4.. that was rough!! What is witching hour by the way?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hang in there. It will get better and the nighttime anxiety is totally normal. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Yes! I just told my husband this.  Looking forward to when it goes better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"