Pre-School and Daycare

Star Wars

If your kid likes Star Wars, have they seen the movie? Or is there a more "kid friendly" video out there? The boys in DSs class are suddenly all about Star Wars and he's getting a little frustrated that he doesn't know what they're talking about. Just trying to find something appropriate to show him (or is the movie appropriate? I admit I've never seen it...).

Re: Star Wars

• Is there any way you can watch the movies and decide if you want to show it?

There is a Star Wars television show on the Cartoon Network, too. I can imagine that this is kid friendly if they are showing it there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were in the same position as you last year. There is Star Wars: Clone Wars on the Cartoon Network, but I'm not sure if it's entirely appropriate for a 4 year old. Also, it doesn't include characters like Darth Vader and Yoda, which your son is likel

Hawaii
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband just watched the first one with our 3 1/2 year old this past weekend. She had nightmares that night, but wants to watch it again. She was really into it.

I know a lot of kids who watch the Clone Wars on TV, so that might be what the ot

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd suggest a star wars book.  I think the movies will be too scary for a 4 year old. 

• I felt like age 6 was a good age for "Episode 4" which is the first movie released in the 1970s.  This one is less violent and easier for kids to really "get" than Episode 1, which was released much later. 

There is a cartoon Star Wars:

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • ss+elss+el member

They make Star Wars books in the beginning reader levels, so hopefully age-appropriate in content. Might be a good way to familiarize him with the characters without having to watch the violence. 

<a href="https://www.barnesandnoble.com/

• We are pondering this too as Callum is "in to" Star Wars in that he knows we like it and he's had SW shirts - ha!  We may give Episode 4 a go this summer and see.
  • We let DS watch Star Wars, but DH and I are both big fans of it ourselves and watch it with him. 
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    My oldest has seen the movie. But just recently. My younger two find it too scary and will not watch it.

My two oldest are big into star wars, they have toys that their dad use to play with... and do not need a movie to role play. We read a
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Charlie is obsessed. I'll admit that I'm not thrilled with him having watched some of them at such a young age, but it's too late to go back and do it over now. Husband and I are both big fans, so it was kind of inevitable.

As a PP suggested,

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Thanks everyone! I DVR'd a few Clone episodes and will watch them this weekend too see if they'll be ok for him and have also ordered some books.

• imagess+el:

They make Star Wars books in the beginning reader levels, so hopefully age-appropriate in content. Might be a good way

• imageryry1977:
    We let DS watch Star Wars, but DH and I are both big fans of it ourselves and watch it with him. 
    </BLOCKQ
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is a few months over 3 and he's seen the original 3 movies. We skipped a few parts that we knew were a bit scary (especially in the 5th and 6th ones) but he did fine. He's watched some of them a few times.

We have

• I could have written this post!  DS will be 4 this summer and we have told him (after endless requests) that he can see Star Wars when he is 5.  There is not a week that goes by that he does not pull 4,5,6 off the DVD shelf and line them up, loo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"