Cloth Diapering

Options with newborns?

I'm planning on exclusively using best bottom diapers for my baby when he/she arrives in September...however they seem far too big for newborns. I hate the idea of prefolds and a different brand shell, but I don't see many options. I like how best bottoms have snap in liners! Tips?? Ideas??
Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
Lilypie - (6yLP)

Re: Options with newborns?

• Have you thought about fitteds or pockets/aio for the nb stage? I haven't used best bottoms, but a OS cover will still probably be too big for a nb.

ETA: I also think an ai2 system might not be your best bet since nbs poop - a lot and it's runny,

BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going with 24 prefolds and 6 pockets.  I like the idea of prefolds, because you can use a Snappi to secure them and keep newborn poop on the prefold.

With systems that snap into place, the poop has a greater chance to get on the cover.

• Loading the player...
  • how many fitteds should I get if I plan to wash every other day?
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

• It's usually expect 12-16 changes in a day.  12 being the minimum for changing every 2 hours.  And 16 being the days when as you're changing the diaper and they poop in it, and then you start to change that one and they poop in the next one t

• Our LO hasn't arrived yet, but I already bought 30 Kawaii Pure & Natural pocket diapers to use in the newborn stage.  Found them on sale, what can I say?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Kelsey,

Try AIOs.  I know you don't want to do a different brand or style, but if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. I thought I would be all about Thirsties after research (prefolds don't bother me, but I see the great appeal of not having t

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We started CDing when our son was 4 weeks old. He was 7lbs 4oz at birth. He is super long and skinny, and best bottoms fit him great. Those and bumgenius 4.0s are my favorites so far. I don't know about the first few weeks, and it probably depends on your
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have 32 pocket diapers for my newborn. 20 are Kawaii P&Ns which fit great. 12 are Alva newborns, which she's starting to leak out of because I can't get the leg opening tight enough.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • emisiemisi member
    imagelewilhelm:

Kelsey,

Try AIOs.  I know you don't want to do a different brand or style, but if it doesn't fit, it d

Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Really?! That's awesome. I heard from several people that they don't fit NBs very well. If they end up fitting our LO then I'll be stoked. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"