Birthday Parties

What goes with baked potatoes?

We are having a Doc McStuffins theme for Chloe's 2nd birthday.  One of the characters name is Stuffy.  This gave my husband the idea that we should have a "Stuffy" potato bar.

What else do I serve when the main 'dish' is a baked potato?  Toppings for the potatoes will include: butter, salt, sour cream, chives, bacon, chili, broccoli, and maybe something else if I can think of it.

So I was thinking a veggie tray (actually I was going to do individual cups with dip/hummus in the bottom and veggies in it).  Maybe some fruit?  Fresh homemade salsa and chips?

Thanks for any additional suggestions.  I can't believe my baby is going to be 2 in 11 days...my brain isn't working like it should. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What goes with baked potatoes?

• I'm not familiar with Doc McStuffins, so sorry if these suggestions don't go with the theme, but I'd find a way to add some more protein in....maybe chicken wings for adults and nuggets for kids, some yogurt to go with the fruit tray or a cheese tray. &nb
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Isn't one of the characters named Lambie?   Could you o something with lamb if you wanted a meat?

• Loading the player...
  • I've done salsa, mushrooms (sauteed), and shredded BBQ beef or chicken in potatoes.

Also, Dragon nuggets and strips might be cute. 

• If you're doing a baked potato bar as the main, I would do a big green salad and a fruit salad/fruit skewers along with it.

Also, I don't know how you're dealing with the littles at the party, my son LOVES stuffed baked potatoes, I tend to make h

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageblu-eyedwife:

If you're doing a baked potato bar as the main, I would do a big green salad and a fruit salad/fruit skewers alo

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How about ground beef with taco seasoning in it and cheese(cheese sauce). YUM, we use to have a potato bar a high school on Wednesday's, oh memories! Maybe a pasta salad or jello salad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No cheese on the potato bar?  I'm a cheese-a-holic unfortunately.

Salad is probably the best suggestion to pair with potato.  Some people are a little more health conscious and carbs and cheese wouldn't leave them much to munch on.&nbs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"