April 2013 Moms

Jumping the Gun?

Well,  I went to my 38 week appt yesterday and the dr said the babys head is extremely low and I am a couple of centimeters dilated.  I got really excited!  She wants to see me back this Friday when I'm 38w6d- and I am hoping I have made even more progess.  I hope that I am not jumping the gun but I have a feeling I wont make it until the 20th.  I am officially starting my maternity leave on April 15th.  Lately I been feeling nauseous and have had lots of lower back pain and menstrual like cramps- so maybe this really is the start of something.

Any one else have the feeling they'll go early? I am FTM so I am hoping I dont go late considering what the dr said yesterday... wishful thinking!

Re: Jumping the Gun?

• I really, really thought I'd have my baby by now.  DS was born at 39 weeks and I'm past that now.  Lots of contractions and pressure, etc, but no sign of real labor yet.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had that feeling with my first one when the doctor told me two weeks before my due date that I was 3 cm and that the baby was really low, however; I didn't deliver until my due date. Also this time I have been 3cm for three weeks and am having back pain
  • Loading the player...
  • I appreciate your feedback ladies!  Knowing my luck I'll be in the same boat. However I am still going to start my leave on Monday cause I am over being at work!!! LOL

• none5none5 member

imageashbeut37:
    I had that feeling with my first one when the doctor told me two weeks before my due date that I was 3 cm and that
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageskoogirl:
    I really, really thought I'd have my baby by now.  DS was born at 39 weeks and I'm past that now.  Lots of
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Same due date and I start my maternity leave the same day!! My last appt was last Wednesday and I have one tomorrow. I was told last Wednesday that I was 2 cm dilated and 100% effaced at a -2 station. They swept my membranes but here I am, still pregnant!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I thought for sure I would go early. I dreamed for about 3 months straight that i went 3 weeks early, had a boy weighing 6lbs 13oz, and he was colic. Don't normally put any thought into dreams but for some reason i started to think I would go ea
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • ftm here too and i am convinced i will go early but have decided to be ok with not - since no one knows when it will happen. i have been having lots of bh's and i feel nauseous (never had ms either) so i am hoping it's all signs pointing towards our trip
  • I was sure I'd go early too, I still might not due until the 16th. But I got my hopes up that I'd go even earlier than I had DS, 39w1d. Well that's today and although I have been dialated, effaced with baby low and membranes swept no sign yet other than B
  • I intentionally refused an internal at my appt last week, but had one today.  And now that I know I'm 4+cm and baby is really really low, of course all I can think about is that I for sure will have this baby before due date next week.  Doesn

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRaquell785:

Well,  I went to my 38 week appt yesterday and the dr said the babys head is extremely low and I am a couple

Pregnancy Ticker image image IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We have the same due date! I really thought I'd be further along than I was at my appt today! I've also been having cramps, pressure and back pain but I'm only 50 effaced and not quite 1 cm dilated. I'm still working and my job requires a lot of up and do
    BabyName Ticker
  • Same here... my 1st was born at 38 weeks and I had been dilated 2cm since 36 weeks. This time around I am still only 1cm at 39 weeks. I figured my LO would be here by now...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"