Cloth Diapering

Wipe solution

I have been spraying DS with a spray bottle of plain water and then wiping him with a cloth wipe. But, I find that HE smells during diaper changes and I'm thinking he needs a little extra help in the cleaning department.

When making a solution, do I HAVE to boil the water first? Does that just aid in the dissolving of the oils and baby wash or does it have some super important function that I can't figure out?

Also, I'm going to use water, baby wash, and coconut oil. The spray bottle is one of the 99 cent travel spray bottles... Less than 3oz. What ratios of each should I use?

Thanks for your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wipe solution

• I feel like if you don't boil the water he bathes in, you can probably skip boiling it for the wipe solution :)

I use 1 c. water with 1 tbsp Dr Bronners and 1 tbsp oil. I switched from coconut oil to olive or jojoba though, my house isn't warm en

January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• I wouldn't use the coconut oil.

It'll stay hard at room temp, and once the water cools back down it will resolidify. 

this it the liquid recipe I have tried out and plan to use on baby:

• 1 3/4 cups boiled water (

• Loading the player...
  • imageIrishPiratess:

It'll stay hard at room temp

TWSS.

Okay...I have the humor of a teenage b

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL that's funny.

I am able to get my oils locally, but if you have to order, I'd get them from Mountain Rose Herbals over Amazon, just because I know the quality is MUCH better

• imageIrishPiratess:

I wouldn't use the coconut oil.

It'll stay hard at room temp, and once the water cools back down it

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use washy wafers by Sheepish Grins. They're made with natural ingredients and essential oils. You just add the disc to hot water, a bag lasts forever, it smells great. I had planned to make my own solution but got a sample of these and never looked back
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am having an awful time finding the Witch Hazel extract. Recommendations? It seems like all of them either have alcohol or are mixed in with the aloe and lavender already (very convenient!) but it's marketed as a toner. 

<A title="Thaye

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"