April 2013 Moms

Late Pregnancy Vent...

So I've been posting a lot on my Facebook about my pregnancy, and I'm sure everyone on there is tired of hearing about my pregnancy woes, so I'm gonna vent on here to you guys who more than likely know how I feel.

I just had my 39 week appointment today. I've been having back pain since 32 weeks, and it's been pretty severe this past week. I've been 1cm dilated for a few weeks, and starting to feel like this baby is never going to get here (I know it will happen when it's meant to, just getting impatient). I know birth plans are just guidelines, but I'm starting to feel like mine isn't going to happen anymore. The only way to get the L&D I want is for contractions to start naturally. I really wanted no meds of any kind, especially pitocin, and induction was brought up today at my appointment. I really really don't want to be induced, but I want my back pain to go away. I got put on a muscle relaxer to take the edge off, and it makes it so hard to get anything done because I'm so tired and drowsy all the time. I'm falling apart inside because I'm so ready to be done with this pregnancy. As much as I want to put off induction, I'm starting to think it's the only thing that will put an end to the back pain. This baby sure doesn't want to come out yet, and I don't want to rush him, but I'm tired of hurting.

Any of you have stories or encouragement? I'd love to hear something good to take my mind off things.

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Late Pregnancy Vent...

• I'm not sure if the following qualifies as encouragement but I'll say this:

I regret allowing my dr. To induce me with DS1. It was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, he was going out of town and I was almost completely effaced. Anyway, we did t
    BabyName Ticker
  • Hang in there and know you are not alone! I feel like people are lapping me and giving birth meanwhile I'm still pregnant. I feel just like you and it's hard when you are emotional and physically drained and every time you feel something it leads to bei

• Loading the player...
  • I have chronic back pain due to a herniated disc and pregnancy has only made it worse. How you explored all your options to help with the back pain like chiro, massage, acupuncture, etc. I have done several things throughout the 9 months but the bigge

• My water broke with both my kids but needed meds to progress both times. Honestly labor is labor and meds nvr made me loopy or anything. I did get an epi early with both allowing me to sleep but the meds were out by push time. With my April baby I only
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • How about a membrane sweep/strip? I asked some general questions about induction a few weeks ago my Dr said they do a membrane sweep a few days before they give the induction drugs. She even said some women go into labor after the sweep before the drugs
  • I agree with the other ladies, try the membrane sweep. It is at worst painful for 30 seconds and it usually brings on contractions that may or may not lead to labor. 

I was induced due to high blood pressure. I really did not want pitocin, b

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"