April 2013 Moms
Options

I wish she would go home-vent

Let me start by saying I am very grateful for my grandma, but she's getting on my nerves. My family is in property ownership so the house we are living in we are renting from my grandma. She took it upon herself to come stay a few days when Brayden was born, which was 16 days ago. I should've put my foot down from the beginning but she was already here when we got home from the hospital. My grandma is very overbearing, she'll come in the room & take the baby while he's napping, tries to dictate how we run our household, & gets a terrible attitude if she can't have things her way. She tried to tell me yesterday that she knows more than the pediatrician. I told her two nights ago that she should go home so we can establish a routine as a family but she's still here. I just really need her to go home because I can feel myself slipping into a funk.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I wish she would go home-vent

• Options

imagekravenmoore:
    This sucks :(  Any chance another family member can say something to her, sternly?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    You're telling me she's been there for 16 days????  Yeah, it's definitely time to go home.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah she needs to go, no help though cause you can't be mean to grandma.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    As sucky as it is to say this, I think you need to put your foot down with your grandma. It's YOUR baby, and while her intentions may be good, this is your child and she seems to be interfering a bit too much. Her feelings will probably get hurt but unles
  • Options
    Sounds super frustrating! I don't have any advice, just sympathy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you sit her down and tell her nicely " Grandma, I love you very much and I'm so very lucky to have you in my life and I have greatly appreciated all of the help over the past couple of weeks, however, I think it's time for DH, baby and I to have some
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know this isn't the most practical advise, but since she has decided to "move in" to the house you are living at, can you leave her there & move in to her vacant one for a few days/weeks? Maybe she would get the idea then.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Time to stand up for yourself.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. I cannot even begin to imagine how crazy stressed you must be feeling. Sixteen days is a long time. I guess it's too much to hope you guys signed a rental agreement with g-ma? Maybe some paperwork that explains her boundaries as landlord?
  • Options
    I feel the same way. My mom is currently staying with us and while I am very grateful for her, it is hard to get into a routine while she's here. I know I'll miss her when she leaves, but we need to get into some sort of groove before my leave ends. I try

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options

So I am guessing no matter how you approach it she will at least act upset.   Just be honest and tell her what you said.  You have to do it on your own at some point. 

OR I would suggest either&nbsp

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"