April 2013 Moms

How do you deal with...

The know it all's who give unsolicited advice and critique what you're doing? I'm starting to get really annoyed with people like this and my baby isn't born yet. It's mainly my mother. It's just so frustrating. 

Re: How do you deal with...

• none5none5 member
    I don't have an answer for you, but I have the same fear/issue. I told MH I wish we didn't live in the same city as his WHOLE family because I'm not looking forward to the advice and comparisons. Hope someone has an answer!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Smile and nod, smile and nod. When they really start to push it (MIL, I'm looking at you), I've responded with "Thanks for the advice, we'll remember that!" or "We'll keep that in mind."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It usually depends on who it is and what the advice is. Mostly it tends to be well meaning people giving me outdated but not dangerous advice. I just smile and nod and move on with my life knowing that I am the one who gets to make the choices on how t

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I keep saying things like what you're all saying, but she keeps pushing issues because she knows best. She gets really offended and starts to get nasty when I tell her that we will be making the decisions that are best for our child or for our family. She
  • I tell them that they are free to screw up their kids as they please (including my mom) and that I will screw up my kids as I please.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • What if you try to turn it around on her? Ask her where she got all of her expert knowledge from. Did she take someone else's advice, or did she do it her way? That way, if she says she's done it her own way, you can reply with something along the lines o
    "Screaming Butterfly"

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagenyki06:

Mostly it tends to be well meaning people giving me outdated but not dangerous advice. I just smile and nod a

• Smile and nod, unless what they have to say is particularly worthy of correction, then proceed to ignore the advice and do what you do. Not like they can force your hand.

// I love you too. //

• Ha! I'm with you on this one... that lovely advice came when my DH and I got engaged, married, when I was pregnant, and now when our son is here, too!

My favorites lately are questions + advice regarding my labor. My son came a month early and I

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
  • imagemirroredimage:
    You say "Thanks, I'll take that into consideration" and then do what you want.nbsp; If it gets brought up again you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Smile and nodd. You'll perfect this technique in the coming weeks, months, years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"