Postpartum Depression

Meds

For those who suffer from depression even when not post partum, do you continue your meds while you are pregnant or just suck it up?

Re: Meds

• If you are honestly depressed there is no "sucking it up" postpartum or otherwise.  There have been times when I have tried to alter my lifestyle (ie managing stress, exercising, eating much healthier) and it did help and I was able to go off medicat
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• If the benefits outweigh the risks I think it is fine to take medication while pregnant.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I chose not to continue my meds while pregnant - I stopped them when we started TTC. But if my depression/anxiety had gotten too severe while I was pregnant I definitely would have gone on something - thankfully it never go that bad during the pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should never "suck it up" when it comes to depression and anxiety.

I did try to wean off my medication when we decided to TTC. It went ok for awhile, but when I got pregnant it went downhill fast. I had daily panic attacks, severe anxiety and

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • imagehomebird:
    You should never "suck it up" when it comes to depression and anxiety.I did try to wean off my medication when we decided
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"