February 2013 Moms

Sleep, Naps, Losing My Mind

Hi Ladies,

My DD is not a great sleeper.  Which she did not get from me as I love and need my sleep :)

I have gotten a handful of nights with a 4 hour stretch and then a 2 hour stretch, but they are few and far between.  More common is a 3 hour and then 1.5 hours....or worse.  

She sleeps in the arms reach mini by my side of the bed.  I have swaddled with arms in and gotten a 4 hour stretch and swaddled with arms out and gotten one.  I have use the Halo sleep sack and the Miracle Blanket (no miracles here).  I like the Carter's receiving blanket swaddle the best.  She is usually in a sleeper and the house is on 70 degrees.  If she seems cool I will add a hat, if not, no hat.  

I have used white noise and not used it.  I have put her down asleep, partly asleep and awake.  Sometimes she will put herself to sleep and sometimes she will wake herself up.

She will nap some in the rock n play, but the only way she will nap for an extended period of time is on me.

I am open to any and all suggestions.  Right now I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants.  There is no schedule, there is no consistency, etc.

She is 8 weeks old and is EBF (though she does get a bottle of BM here and there).

Thank you! 

ETA - in the early morning she is having a lot of gas pains, gas drops don't seem to make a huge difference, maybe I should use more regularly?  If I bring her in the bed with me I can usually get her to settle down for another hour or two. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

Re: Sleep, Naps, Losing My Mind

• i could have written this! 

we have used every sleep trick that anyone has mentioned on this board and it will work one night and then not the next. it's exhausting and frustrating.  

For several nights in a row we have seen that

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry no real suggestions, but regarding the gas drops, i put them in every bottle and it really helps so maybe you could try giving them more frequently!
  • Loading the player...
  • https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/29470977.aspx?MsdVisit=1

This has helped us some.  I don't follow it religiously (sometimes DS is tire

• My son is the same way. Once he is down for the night he sleeps a good 3-4 hours, then he is up every 1-2 hours until he is up for the day. Its exhausting. Some nights are better than others though. They usually fall into a routine and better sleep schedu
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The guaranteed solution - time. You can try everything else, and something may work, but I guarantee you that it will get better at some point. I still have a 2-year-old who doesn't STTN, but now she only wakes up once and during the day she naps on he

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Gas drops have to be used everytime for them to be effective. I hope it gets easier for you soon. Just make sure you are putting her to sleep before she gets overstimulated and overtired. They will have restless sleep if put to bed to late. I put my LO

Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekelly321:

The guaranteed solution - time.

This.

I feel like the internet and all of these sle

• I may get flamed for this, since it's basically a main tenet of Babywise, but the reason there's no schedule or consistency is because babies don't know how to do that. You have to make it consistent for them. Obviously it needs to be flexible. But I a

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• I'm having similar issues.  One thing I have found that helps my LO stay asleep longer is to crank up the white noise as loud as possible and put it close to her head.  I also put it on the ocean setting.  Anything other than a shushing sou
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"