Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Where does your new baby sleep?

I am curious about these Sleepers that I am seeing... or Bassinet? Or cradle? Or that thing that attaches to the bed?

Would love your opinion on the best (and safest) place for baby to sleep! THANKS!

Re: Where does your new baby sleep?

• Rock 'n Play- she's done amazing in it so far.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 4 week old sleeps in her crib with me in a spare bed pushed up beside it in nursery.  During the day (7am-11pm) she sleeps in our arms, on my chest lying on couch or in the pack and play (rarely) on main level of house.  I haven't starte

• Loading the player...
  • We started with a pack n play. LO kept rolling to her side and it worried me. Plus she hates to be swaddled. We switched to a rock n play and it's the best thing ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • RnP. My two week old loves it and it's great to rock her back to sleep after a feeding.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • rock n play next to my bed! Love it and doesnt take up as much room as the pnp
    image   image
  • Bassinet next to my side of the bed.  The AAP recommends that babies sleep within arms reach of their mothers because recent research suggests that it reduces the risk of SIDs, plus it makes BFing easier.
  • Day - car seat if we're out, usually in a wrap on me at home.

Night - in bed with us, sometimes in her crib for a stretch in the evening.  My kid is weird and hates the RnP.  I don't think she likes the incline.  Anyway, DD1 slept

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • He has been in the crib for the past week.  Up until that, he was in the RnP (which was/is amazing!).  

Since he still sleeps so much, I haven't put him down in the crib during the day.  I usually hold him, put him in the RnP or th

• Rock n play! Our first night home, she would only sleep in her bouncy seat, so the next day we went out and bought the rnp since it also has the incline and kind of cradling feeling, and it has been our best baby purchase!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• PnP bassinet right next to me.  LOVE having the changing table right by me, too.
  • The Rock n Play was/is great. When she was in our room it is about the same height as our bed (ahem, mattress and boxspring on the floor...), so it was like she was cosleeping, but not.

She is in her crib for the first time tonight!! (but we'll

• We have the arms reach mini cosleeper and we love it it is on my side of the bed. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• In his crib in our room.
    Alexander 03/13/2008 Jace 03/20/2013 

• bassinet part of the pnp in our room at night

during the day, he does most of his sleeping in the bouncer 

• I guess my kid is the only weird one who doesn't like the RnP. I wish she'd like it like every other kid!
  • We use an Arm's Reach co sleeper this time and I really like it! 
  • In my bed, attached to a boob.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Crib since first night home.
  • For the first 5 weeks she slept in a bassinet beside our bed. Now she sleeps in her crib. If I'm wearing her she often falls asleep in the wrap too.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Is my kid the only one who absolutely hates the rock and play? lol She sleeps in the bassinet part of the pack and play for now.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• RnP right next to our bed. I love that I can lie in bed and just reach a hand out to rock it once I put LO back after a feeding.
  • She has slept in the RnP since day one. Beside our bed at first and now in her room.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When he came home, he would only sleep in our arms or his buzzy chair. After that, he did fine in the PNP.

• For the first few weeks he would only sleep being held,  Luckily at about 3 weeks old he decided he loved sleeping in the rock n play.  For the past 3 weeks or so we have been trying to transition him to sleeping flat so he starts the night in t
    image BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagepitterpatter129:
    In my bed, attached to a boob.

This.

• imageYAY! Baby K:
    rock n play next to my bed! Love it and doesnt take up as much room as the pnp

Ditto
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • imagevmihelci:
    imageYAY! Baby
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"