April 2013 Moms

Can I get this off my Chest,

Dear Friends. Family, Husband, Co-workers,

Yes, I am 37 weeks pregnant, but no I'm not broken. Please stop telling me I'm not allowed to do things. Husband, Yes I can help you take out the trash. Yes I can clean and finish the nursery. Dearest JoE, What makes you think I can't walk up stairs? Work, Yes I may need to sit a little more than normal, but I'm not broken I can still do things. If something needs to get done and no one else is doing it, or by it not getting done its preventing me from leaving early I will want to make sure its done.

Vent over.

I don't know how many times I have to tell someone/people I'm pregnant not broken.

Re: Can I get this off my Chest,

• I've had the opposite problem with certain members of my family. They act like I'm over-exagerating everything. Like my severe sciatica on both sides is no big deal, etc. I can't catch a break with some people! 
  • Along these lines, I'm constantly telling my family 'I'm pregnant, not disabled'...
  • Loading the player...
  • Agreed! The human race hasn't died out and generations upon generations of women have been doing this forever! I can work, drive, clean, do laundry, all of it! How many women have worked right up until their due date and gone back right away? lots! Gra

• imageJillibean68:
    Along these lines, I'm constantly telling my family 'I'm pregnant, not disabled'...

YE
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The worst for me, is when DH tells me not to do something and he will take care of it and then whatever it is just sits there staring at me for who knows how long. This weekend I picked up a dresser, pack n play and a few other things. MIL and I and th

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTrishPete07:
    The worst for me, is when DH tells me not to do something and he will take care of it and then whatever it is just sit
  • I'm starting to feel like this. I can't lift more than a gallon of milk without being told that I'm doing too much. I know what my body can handle right now, and when I can't handle it, I ask for help. It really is frustrating for everyone to act like I c
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"