April 2013 Moms

WWYD? Induction

So I am just thinking out loud over here. Nothing has been offered but I have a feeling it will be.

I am 38w on Wednesday. At 36w5d I had an ultrasound to check fluid and baby's size. She was measuring a day or two over 38w and weight estimate of 7lbs5oz. Was told at my 37w appt this is in the 85th percentile and they scheduled me for a growth scan at 39w.

I won't lie, I am worried about a 9lb plus baby. I know my body is designed to deliver her and all that jazz but if she's still big at 39w and doesn't come before my EDD, would I be crazy to ask for an induction 1 or 2 days after my EDD if my cervix is favorable? I'm worried about what weight she will be at 41 or 42w. But I definitely don't want to induce before 40w.

My EDD was calculated by dating ultrasound, not LMP. I have PCOS and actually got pregnant on a 3 month cycle unexpectedly but most welcome since we were actively trying so I can't compare the 2. But I am 99.9 percent positive her due date it correct.

Re: WWYD? Induction

• Nobody can make that decision for you. Your doctor may require you be at least 41w. 

I understand your apprehension, though. DD1 was 5lbs12oz. This one, not so much. lol 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Totally up to you, but growth ultrasounds are not always accurate.  Personally I wouldn't induce until I absolutely had to, but my close friend is inducing the day before her due date.  You have to do what you're most comfortable with. <

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• Loading the player...
  • Macrosomia is not a legitimate reason to induce early... I would wait till 41 weeks myself. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • What does your doctor/midwife suggest?  If he/she doesn't suggest an induction as medically appropriate, I am not sure I would bring it up.  But I tend to have smaller babies, so I'm not in your shoes.  Have a good discussion with your medi
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't be too worried about a 9 lber. DD1 was 8lbs 8oz, DD2 was 8lbs 10oz and I delivered both vaginally with out a single stitch. Growth scans can be pretty inaccurate. Someone just today posted a birth story who's baby was estimated to be over 10 lb
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ended up inducing due to preeclampsia but my doc was going to induce for siZe prior to my diagnosis.

It's between you and your doctor based on what you're comfortable with I was scared of what a big baby would do to my body, and baby was p

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Personally, I wouldn't induce unless I had to for a medical reason. I agree that it is daunting to think about having a pretty big baby, but the growth ultrasound basically tells you nothing because they are notoriously inaccurate. And it really is true t

• imageKrisM86:
    Personally, I wouldn't induce unless I had to for a medical reason. I agree that it is daunting to think about having

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJSS1002:

imageKrisM86:</stro

• imageKate_C:
    What does your doctor/midwife suggest?nbsp; If he/she doesn't suggest an induction as medically appropriate, I am not sure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"