Attachment Parenting
Options

Bed sharing

I didn't plan on sleep sharing, but its kind of worked out that way, and I'm mostly enjoying it. 

Two questions:

what safety precautions do you take? My son is almost 4 weeks. 

when do you plan to move your LO to his or her room, if at all...or if you have already done so, what was the transition like?  

TIA!! I am a bit worried, only because I don't want to bed share forever, so successful transition stories are appreciated!  

Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: Bed sharing

• Options
    I am interested in what people say because it sounds like I wrote your post!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I can comment on the safety precautions.

DS sleeps next to me, and very rarely between DH and I (he is 6mo and 20lbs now, so a bit more substantial but I still avoid it). I never sleep with my back to him. Always on my side facing him, sometimes

Stop by my blog @ When Regarding Ruffles! Cheers and High-Fives! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageAnniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmmmm... well, DD1 who is 2 1/2 only just fully transitioned to her own bed.

Things that contributed to this:

I work, so bed sharing and middle of the night nursing went well with each other.  DD1 is just not a good

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    We put our little one higher than where we sleep (so our heads are at his legs/feet). I am very aware that he is there but my husband is a deep sleeper who likes the throw his arms around. Being lower stops us from hitting him and the blanket covering his
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am in the same position as you are.  My little girl will be 6 months old this month, has never slept well, and sleeps best in bed with me.  I worry about the safety as well as the transition to her own bed down the road.  I bed shared

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"