April 2013 Moms

Induction Update

I came into the hospital last night at 7pm for an induction. After getting one dose of cervadil, my contractions were coming strong and frequent so they switched me over to pitocin. By this morning I was still barely dilated and my contractions would be steady for awhile and then drop off. My doctor came in to see me again tonight and I was dilated to 2 and 70% effaced. She gave me the options of stopping and going home to see how things progressed on their own, go home for the night and come back to restart induction tomorrow, continue on with the path we were on, or stay at the hospital but take a break, eat some dinner, take a shower and restart. We chose to take a short break and then restart. The hope is that my contractions die down enough that I can do another dose of cervadil to get my cervix more dilated. 

The good news is baby is doing well and is not in distress at all. Bad news is I'm getting so frustrated with my body. I know that everything will happen in due time but I just can't wait to meet our little girl. We just took a loop around the L&D floor and took a peek in the nursery. Gotta keep my eye on the prize! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Induction Update

• Baby's coming regardless and you're almost there!! GL
  • I am right there with you. They stopped my pitosin too they are going to give me dinner and start at midnight. Pitosin was started at 1;30 Ugg I know how you feel. Good luck!
    Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Hang in there!! Hope round two goes smoothly and quickly for you!
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? And why are they inducing? Just curious because I was induced with DS at 40w2d and a similar thing happened, only I chose the option to just go home and try again later. I left the hospital at 4cm dilated. I came back in at 40w5d an
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm currently in your situation, except I opted to go up to the max pitocin allowed to try to progress, didn't progress enough, ad then chose to eat dinner, and then another roud of cervical and more pitocin in the morning. Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"