May 2013 Moms

I think I've ordered everything I need finally.

I *think* I've got enough to get by during the first weeks, and then figure out what else we need as we go. If anyone feels like taking a look and seeing if I missed anything, please feel free.

Here's what I have ordered or bought: 

-The bassinet (We're still deciding on a crib since we cancelled our order for the Stokke since it was lost somewhere.)

-Two extra fitted sheets for the bassinet

-Car seat

-Stroller

-One moby wrap

-3 packs of disposable newborn diapers, and a friend is lending me some cloth diapers while we figure out what works for us so we can buy with knowledge.

-Disposable wipes and cloth wipes. 

-A borrowed breast pump (same friend), with all new fittings. Breast ice packs and disposable breast pads.

-4 various baby bottles, again to see what we like once we've established breast feeding. Mulitple Medela storage bags, steam sanitizer bags, etc.

-A slipcovered glider

-A nosefrida booger sucker and extra filters.

-A Piyo nail clipper set

-Two hooded towels. (No bath, we're planning on using the sink if we can due to limited storage space.)

-Two swaddle me's, and two swaddle blankets.

-One lightweight blanket, one heavier blanket, a crochet blanket, and a flannel blanket. (Gifts)

-A wetbag.

-A variety of tank top/short sleeve/long sleeve onesies. A couple 'cute' outfits for pictures. A few sleep gowns. One pair of shorts. (I'm planning on ordering baby legs, too.)

-3 pack of mittens and two skull caps.

-Butt cream

-A Moby Wrap

-Rattle booties, and a regular toy rattle.

Still to come, my mom is making us some burp cloths and a changing pad, and I need to buy a hamper and something for dirty cloth diapers. Oh, and I need to pick up some nipple cream and baby wash, but I haven't decided on brand yet. 

Have I missed something I really need in the beginning? I was planning on waiting to see what he liked in terms of swing, bouncer, etc. 

***ETA. I have looked at various lists on the web. But writing it out and discussing it helps me, so hence my post. So thanks to anyone who took the time to read it. :) 

Re: I think I've ordered everything I need finally.

• We used washcloths the first few weeks to wipe baby. Doctor recommended because of baby's sensitive skin. We used warm water on them.
    Also get some Lansinoh breast ointment. This helps the first couple of weeks for sore and cracked nipples.
  • imageLexiLupin:

Thermometer? Cord care things maybe?

And holy crap, someone else going the risky route and not getting a

• Loading the player...
  • Make sure the thermometer is rectal. It's the most accurate for an infant.

I'd also get some basic Emory boards to file nails. It's too hard to cut tiny tiny NB nails.

I also really like having small waterproof flannel pads to
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Your list is pretty thorough. I'm going to have to compare to what I have. 
  • imageLexiLupin:
    Oh! You need CD safe diaper cream if you're going to be experimenting with those.

Reco

• I can't think of what one would need for cord care?

I was going to say, at the hosp the LC will be happy to hook you up with a little nipple ointment. A little goes a loooong way. I think that little one from the hosp is all I ever needed. (I BF

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLexiLupin:
    imagelindsay.n.h
  • Pacifiers and baby wash/shampoo and lotion. If you plan on bathing in the sink, which is what I did for my first 2, check put the Puj Tub. It fits in the sink and goes flat so it takes up virtually no space.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLexiLupin:
    imageCotton:</st
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelindsay.n.harman:

imageL

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMAdams728:
    imagelindsay.n.h
  • Receiving blankets. Not the swaddle kind, just regular. I use them for every.thing.

I would get a pack of size one diapers, LO was 7lbs 9oz and came home wearing size one, I just folded the top.

Always have infant tylenol, and that is

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelindsay.n.harman:
    imageMAdams72
  • imageecori:
    Receiving blankets. Not the swaddle kind, just regular. I use them for every.thing.
    I would get a pack of size one di
  • imageLexiLupin:
    imagelindsay.n.h

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Definitely get the burp cloths ASAP.  We used a ton of those. Do you have socks? I didn't see them on the list but you could have just forgotten them.

As far as baby wash I really liked California Baby.

Nursing pillow?

I liked ha

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMommaG123:

Definitely get the burp cloths ASAP.  We used a ton of those. Do you have socks? I didn't see them on the list

• imagekmcd23:
    imageMommaG123:</st
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeco+ri:
    imagekmcd23:</stron
  • You will be fine. When I had DS I always found myself needing an excuse to escape the house, so, if you don't have everything, just pick up things as they come up. As long as you have a few diapers, your boobs, a few onesies, a car and money in the ban

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeco+ri:

You will be fine. When I had DS I always found myself needing an excuse to escape the house, so, if you don't have eve

• I compiled everyone's suggestions, to make it easy for me, and for anyone else following along:

Tub

Baby Tylenol (gripe water or mylecon too? maybe?)

Size 1 diapers

Baby Wash and Lotion

Nursing Tanks

Socks

Nipp

• This is second hand advice, but my grandmother was really adamant that I have a soft bristled baby brush and fine toothed plastic baby comb for cradle cap.  She said you need (NEED!) to have those two items to effectively remove it.&nbsp

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMAdams728:

This is second hand advice, but my grandmother was really adamant that I have a soft bristled baby brush and f

• You can put a towel in the bottom of the sink before you add water to keep the baby from slipping on the bottom. Also, the puke buckets they give you at the hospital are good for baths at first. That's where all four of mine have had their first baths. Th
  • LoALoA member
    The lanolin nipple cream is a must! Also the gel soothing pads if your breast feeding, are wonderful. Don't forget nursing tank tops, pads, and if you don't have them yet, tucks are always good.... Snacks and such are good to have around as well if you're
  • imageGemelli:
    You can put a towel in the bottom of the sink before you add water to keep the baby from slipping on the bottom. Also
  • imageGemelli:
    You can put a towel in the bottom of the sink before you add water to keep the baby from slipping on the bottom. Also
  • imageBeckyTheEngineer:

imageG
  • PS. I'm really starting to see the value in baby showers. LOL. I didn't mind that I wasn't having one, but WOW, things are starting to add up. Not that I *expect* anything. Obviously, I hope, since I didn't mind not having one, but my goodness it's a lot
  • Alright, the 2nd gigantic Amazon order has been placed! Thanks for the help everyone! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"