April 2013 Moms
Options

Seeing stars?

This morning in the shower, I noticed that I was seeing stars or what looked like sparkles (not sure how else to describe them). Otherwise I feel fine, not light headed or anything. Could this mean my BP is high? Do you ladies think it warrants a call to my OB? 
BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Seeing stars?

• Options

"Floaters" are a sign of high BP, but I also get them when I start to overheat. We're you taking a really hot shower? 

Regardless, most people can't really feel their BP rise, so it's definitely worth mentioning to your OB over the phone. &n

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I get that all the time, even pre-pg. For me it's not a sign of high BP, but I think it can be. I would definitely mention it to you dr if it is a new thing for you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, seeing light spots can be a sign of high BP/pre-e.  Definitely get your BP checked (possibly at a local pharmacy) and mention it to your doctor.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I tend to get them in the morning when I haven't had much to drink yet.    Doc told me dehydration can mess with you BP so if I see them to sit down and chug some water....I've never had them outside of early mornings.

• Options
    I actually had this for the first time in the shower last night. I will be calling my dr now that I read the comments. 
  • Options
    I have notoriously bad eyes but I've been seeing floaters or stars for most of this pregnancy. It's supposedly all of the extra hormones that make your eyes change a bit. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
  • Options

imageNicoleSB80:
    I tend to get them in the morning when I haven't had much to drink yet.    Doc told me dehydration
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the feedback! I have my 38 week appointment on Wednesday, so I will just mention it then unless it happens again before that.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I had this a few times as well. It was never at the same time of day. Mine were more like black spots. My BPs been fine the entire time. I always forget to mention it to my OB. I was never light headed either time it happened. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCanukMam:

imageNicoleSB80:</

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"