April 2013 Moms

Induction Update

I appreciate all the perspectives/advice/support you ladies gave me yesterday about a possible induction!  After the drs office calling Friday to remind me that I would go past my due date, and we'd be talking induction today I was pretty upset.  I met with my doctor who was absolutely amazing.  Hospital policy won't let you go past 41 weeks without doctors permission.  Thankfully he's the department head!  He is not on call or scheduled to be in the birthing center the next two weeks, so we discussed my birth plan and updated it.  He doesn't think it's medically necessary to induce.  We set up a 41 week appointment, but at this point he said my chances of making it to that appt were very small.  If we do make the appointment next week we will be induced on Tuesday.  I'm glad to finally have an end date, but hoping and praying LO decides to come sometime in the next week!

Re: Induction Update

• Happy for you!  It's amazing what women are encouraged to do simply because of arbitrary protocols.  Good for you for advocating for yourself!  Good luck to you whenever your wee one decides to show!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm due today and have an appointment on Wednesday with my OB. I am sure she will want to schedule induction. I am just hoping she lets me push it off until at least the following Wednesday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTrish&Pete07:
    I'm due today and have an appointment on Wednesday with my OB. I am sure she will want to schedule induction
  • Yay! I hope LO comes soon for you too.  An induction is not what I want either...at all...so I know how you're feeling about that.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageReady4theParty:

imageTri

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"