January 2013 Moms

Is it safe to assume...

...my son is getting enough milk during his midnight feedings? During the day I find myself always supplementing after breastfeeding, trying to avoid another jaundice scare. However at night he falls asleep at the breast and stays asleep for several hours. Is it possible he's getting enough from me or could he just be tired and chooses to fall asleep still hungry? I hate to wake him up if he's sleep but I figure if he's hungry he'll let me know...right ?

Re: Is it safe to assume...

• He would definitely let you know if he was hungry.  Why do you think he would get jaundice without formula?  A vitamin D supplement should take care of that.

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• He would wake up if he was hungry, don't worry

Neither I get the no formula - jaundice connection

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • The formula will only mess with your supply. I don't think you have to worry about jaundice anymore. Is he yellow at all? Is he having at least 6 wet diapers a day? I say stop supplementing and have him stimulate your supply.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My milk hasn't come in yet and he was almost hospitalized due to a high jaundice level. I just don't want that to happen again.

• I've been supplementing since day 1 due to jaundice too. The formula jaundice connection is really only in the first few days before you milk has come it. They say the formula (or an abundant supply of bm) would force the bilirubins out (pooping). It's up

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMRSVELA07:
    My milk hasn't come in yet and he was almost hospitalized due to a high jaundice level. I just don't want that to h

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I meant to say hadn't. I'm just worried that if I assume he's getting fed from my breast alone we 'll end up in the same jaundice boat. I understand how the supplementing with formula will decrease my supply but when I put him on my breast he sucks and li

• Your LO won't develop jaundice at 2 months. Jaundice goes away and then doesn't come back. I think you should chat with your pedi since it sounds like they may have accidentally misinformed you about how jaundice and breastfeeding work.
  • imageMRSVELA07:
    I meant to say hadn't. I'm just worried that if I assume he's getting fed from my breast alone we 'll end up in the
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"