Babies: 6 - 9 Months

When did you start using a high chair

I have been using the bumbo or holding DD while I feed her solids. She's not really a fan of the bumbo. She sits in the tripod but can't sit up totally on her own yet. Just wondering when you started to use the high chair- I'm assuming once they sit on their own?
TTC since 1/2008
BFP 7/2009 m/c
BFP 9/2009 m/c
Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
DD born 10/2012
FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you start using a high chair

• Before she could sit up on her own, day one of solids. Are you using a regular stroller for your LO yet? You don't have to wait till they sit on their own to use a highchair. We tried the bumbo and she arched out of it.
  • The day we started solids we used the high hair. We wanted LO to associate eating solids with the high chair so we try to stick to that routine, even in restaurants.
  • Loading the player...
  • If we had one right now, we'd be using it, but just for solids. I don't get why people will feed their newborns bottles in a high chair. It seems almost lazy...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Five months but she was sitting well on her own and we meeded a place for her to sit while we ate or prepared dinner.  She just started trying some solids this past week.  We got the keekaroo with infant insert and so far we love it! 
  • We started one at 5 months. She can crawl like crazy but cannot sit straight unsuported and the high chair helps with that. She loves her high chair. I put toys on the tray and we play. She feels 'big' I think being at the table with DH and I

• Depends on the type you have... We have a peg prego and she can sit in it easily and when she was smaller we just leaned it back the chair reclines.. We try at resturants but she doesn't have enough control to sit in them without a lot of blankets. I kn
  • kekiskekis member
    DD has been in her high chair for about a month now.  Like pp, she would arch back in the Bumbo and I knew she would get hurt if I didn't make the switch. We have the Chicco 360 chair and she loves that she can be a part of the table while she e
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekekis:
    DD has been in her high chair for about a month now.  Like pp, she would arch back in the Bumbo and I knew she wou
  • We have been since she was around 4 months and she is still not sitting unsupported.  She likes to see what I am doing so I will put her in it while I am working in the kitchen.  I put her in a couple times when she was younger in the reclined p
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • I started putting LO in his highchair around 8 weeks. He hated not being able to see me well when I was in the kitchen or while DH and I were eating. 

We haven't started solids yet, that will happen sometime in the next 2 or 3 months. He jus

• DS has used the high chair since the first time I gave him solids (5months 3 weeks).  It is the only place I feed him because I want him to have that association.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• We started the high chair at 4.5 months. DS wasn't that great at sitting up on his own then, but he can do it now.

We also put him in the high chair while we eat, and DS watches us as we talk to him. Just trying to get the eating/meal time associ

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

• hmp1hmp1 member
    Ours reclines a lot so he has been sitting in it since around 4 weeks old while we eat dinner.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imageDavidStamps:
    The day we started solids we used the high hair. We wanted LO to associate eating solids with the high chair so w

Pregnancy Ticker

• we started at 4 month, before she was even eating just so she could sit with all of us at the dinner table.   we reclined it a bit and strapped her in with the 5 point harness.  She's still not really sitting up on her own yet but she sits

• Day one of solids, four months old. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"